Divorce Options

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody have experience with online divorce, and who do you recommend? I am open to any other options, since I want make my divorce simple and inexpensive from my wife.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
You are in California, so it's really simple if there are no kids involved and you both agree on the property settlement.

NOLO Press has an often recommended 'do it yourself' guide that should be availabke via the local bookstore.

Just to be safe, make sure to take into account things like pensions, insurance, etc.

Daniel

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are no kids involved, and she is planning to just go her own way. I just have to figure out how to get her car out of my name which we owe $12,000.00 to pay it off. We have a house, but she not claiming anything. What are the veiws of online divorce?
You are in California, so it's really simple if there are no kids involved and you both agree on the property settlement.

NOLO Press has an often recommended 'do it yourself' guide that should be availabke via the local bookstore.

Just to be safe, make sure to take into account things like pensions, insurance, etc.

Daniel

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The "Online Divorce" sounds un-necessary. I filled out a few forms, filed them along with the fees and it was over in 6 months. There were things like serving the papers and such, but the process is really simple.

If an online service is charging you, then you should be leary. A local paralegal will help if the paperwork gets too confusing, and they charge just a few bucks.

Daniel

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you let me know how you accomplished your divorce.
Where did you get the forms and where did you file?
Thanks!!!!
The "Online Divorce" sounds un-necessary. I filled out a few forms, filed them along with the fees and it was over in 6 months. There were things like serving the papers and such, but the process is really simple.

If an online service is charging you, then you should be leary. A local paralegal will help if the paperwork gets too confusing, and they charge just a few bucks.

Daniel

Empath

Flashaholic
It would seem a reasonable advisement, to suggest it would likely be best that the personal information and negative descriptions be held to a bare miniumum. Discussing the "Divorce Options" expressed by the title of the thread would likely be best. Serious thought should be given to any personal matters you might consider putting into print, or turning discussion toward.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Empath,

Thanks for the advice. Posts have been edited.
It would seem a reasonable advisement, to suggest it would likely be best that the personal information and negative descriptions be held to a bare miniumum. Discussing the "Divorce Options" expressed by the title of the thread would likely be best. Serious thought should be given to any personal matters you might consider putting into print, or turning discussion toward.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Legalzoom.com has forms available for "uncontested divorce." I have not used them before, but heard their forms are inexpensive and useful.