Best Flashlight & Accessories Carry Bag for Trips?

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would appreciate the opinions of my fellow CPFers on the best reasonably priced carry bag for a few flashlights, cells, and a charger or two. I'm not talking about an EDC bag here, but rather something a bit larger for trips.

I like my mini-BOB from Xrunner, but am looking for something a tad bigger and that has several well-padded compartments. I would prefer a soft sided bag rather than a hard case. Please provide a link where it can be purchased.

Thanks.

Last edited:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Best Flashlight & Accessories Carry Bag?

There's already a thread about this very thing started a few days ago. See here.

Well, thanks for that, but I'm not looking for an EDC bag, but rather a small bag for traveling, transporting in the car, etc. I should have been more specific in the OP, which I've now edited. Thanks for pointing this out.

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a tough category.
I also use a BOB for general use.
I have a smaller bag which I keep in it which is a medic bag which holds a bunch or pens and 3 flashlights.
This bag:
http://www.countycomm.com/respond.htm

May be too small.
You mention the MINI bailout bag.
What about the regular BOB
or this for something a little bigger:
http://www.countycomm.com/minebag.htm

I really like the stuff these guys sell. I have found every bag I hove bought from them to be very useful.
I think that if you were a little more specific about what you have that is too small (A picture) would give US (me) some sort of reference as to what is too small.

I use this bag http://www.countycomm.com/BAILOUTBAGGEN5.htm

for a whole lot of porpoises. when I need an edc bag that holds a bunch of crap. I will also travel with this bag as well because it will hold a bunch of flashlights as well as radios and chargers for all of them.

Like I said I have had great luck with these bags
http://www.countycomm.com/BAILOUTBAGGEN5.htm

I own two of them and trade them out depending on the needs of the day or trip.
The other bags I have pointed to are newer models which I have not seen first hand. If they are of the same quality of the BOB I use (I assume they are) EDC then I have no problem recommending them for your use.
I hope you find the just right size bag.

I completely understand why woman like purses and bags so much. I have the male version of the addiction.
Yaesumofo

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yaesumofo, thanks for your post. Quite a coincidence, because the bag that most caught my eye before I posted was the 1st one you mentioned from Countycom.com, the Responder bag. I guess my only hesitation was that I wondered if it had enough protection/padding for the flashlights.

TTYTT, right now when I go out of town, I roll each light, charger, etc., in a thick athletic sock, put them in my suitcase, and they've never suffered a scratch. But, you know the mantra....never satisfied with good enough....:shrug:

Last edited:

litework

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure something from Maxpedition would fit your needs. They have so many bags with different sizes and methods of carry. I think they're a little pricey though.

They have a lot of these bags at Lighthound.com

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a maxpedition Jumbo versipack from someone in Cpfmarketplace. From the website it looks to have alot of pockets to put your gear of different sizes. It can also accept other accessories which I find it to be a neat feature. Price may a bit steap, but considering the amount you will be carrying, its worth it to have those paddings etc.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello AFAustin,

I usually have a backpack that I carry my camera, GPS, and flashlights in. Instead of looking at padded pockets built into a bag, you may want to consider separate bags for each light.

I happen to like the Crown Royal bags. I put a different colored piece of yarn on the drawstring to help me identify what light is inside. If you don't drink Crown Royal, you can find the bags on eBay.

Tom

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello AFAustin,

I usually have a backpack that I carry my camera, GPS, and flashlights in. Instead of looking at padded pockets built into a bag, you may want to consider separate bags for each light.

I happen to like the Crown Royal bags. I put a different colored piece of yarn on the drawstring to help me identify what light is inside. If you don't drink Crown Royal, you can find the bags on eBay.

Tom

I've had a bottle of Crown Royal in the cabinet ever since I can remember. I never once thought of using the bags for something. I guess I was afraid of the whisky getting cold.

I'm headed upstairs right now to steal it's blanket! It's a little early for a snort though.

EDIT: Well someone's smarter than me. The whisky is there but the bag is gone. I think I would have done it the other way around.

Bill

Last edited:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to all for your posts. BenjiBot, I hadn't been to Cheaper Than Dirt before---some neat things there. And Tom, I happen to like Crown very much and treat myself to it occasionally. I've always saved the nice purple pouches, so I'll consider making better use of them as well. Hitthespot, I've always loved Tom's tagline about every great man...your line about your grandfather belongs right next to it....:crackup:

Last edited:

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
A pistol range bag works nicely as you can put most flashlights in the magazine compartments and still have ample room for other accessories(charger,batteries,etc...)