Wolf-Eyes Q5 output in continious run..

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
I made my own lightbox, almost exact replica of The lightbox at flashlighreviews.com

Here´s what i found in Wolf-Eyes defender Q5 3.7v-6v (1-mode) "260 lumens", running either Pila 600P or AW18650:

After:
-15 minutes of continious run output is decreased to 85% from starting output..
-30 minutes: 80%
-45 minutes: 75%
-1 hour: 71% :confused:

and then from 1 hour until some 2,15 hour output finally settles and stays between 71-61%.
At 3.15 output decreased under 50%.

Question is: why i get decreasing output in first 60 minutes when i should get 2 hours at least 90% output as in original P4 version.

Of course i´ll get more runtime in this way but that´s not the point. The point is to get maximum possible output without decreasing :shakehead

I´ve read about that voltage forward thing.. :candle:

Peak output of this Q5-led is not much better than Fenix P3D P4.

My test results are pretty much same as found here

Last edited:

jbviau

Enlightened
Just to confirm, do you have the 3.7-6v version of the drop-in that's supposed to be regulated with li-ions?

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
Just to confirm, do you have the 3.7-6v version of the drop-in that's supposed to be regulated with li-ions?

Yes, it is 3.7v-6v.

I will shortly contact manufacturer to see what they have to say about this.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's probobaly dropping output due to heat levels increasing. Then once it stabalizes, so does the output.....

jbviau

Enlightened
True, but that's worrisome given that the WE Defender is built like a tank and designed specifically so that this particular drop-in seats perfectly inside the head. This is just about the last light/drop-in combo I would have expected too see problems in re: heat.

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
It's probobaly dropping output due to heat levels increasing. Then once it stabalizes, so does the output.....
I made my own runtime test of the Storm Q5 and the the result shows that it is not totally regulated:

storm_high.png

Nb: this is during this test that one of the leds got burnt but I still don't know how it happened.

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
This drop-in is optimized for 2XCR123. It runs on one Li-Ion just fine but not in fully regulation. You need full 6V for that.

Last edited:

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
This drop-in is optimized for 2XCR123. It runs on one Li-Ion just fine but in not fully regulation. You need full 6V for that.
6V on the bulb or on the batteries?
I just measured the voltage and the current on each working bulb: 10.8V and 380mA.
10.8V is quite more than 6V, so why is not the Storm flat regulated?
The voltage at the output of the batteries pack is around 12V because the batteries are in line. That is also more than 6V.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
6V on the bulb or on the batteries?
I just measured the voltage and the current on each working bulb: 10.8V and 380mA.
10.8V is quite more than 6V, so why is not the Storm flat regulated?
The voltage at the output of the batteries pack is around 12V because the batteries are in line. That is also more than 6V.
Who's is talking about the Storm? I am talking about the OP's
Here´s what i found in Wolf-Eyes defender Q5 3.7v-6v (1-mode) "260 lumens", running either Pila 600P or AW18650:

The WE Defender is quite a different animal.