Stainless arc...lookalike... AAA!

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
Hi I was browsing countycomms website and took a look into R&D and I found this. http://www.countycomm.com/aaastainlesssmall.jpg Its a great looking flashlight, and they said they had it created for a special contract I wonder if maybe candlepower could run a batch of these Im sure they would sell.:D

Last edited:

sawlight

Enlightened
Re: Stainless arc AAA!

It needs some knurling, or some type of texture, but nice otherwise!!:twothumbs

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where did you guys get that this was an Arc? The second picture shows the light *next* to an Arc, neither makes a statement that Arc is producing the stainless AAA.

2sparky

Newly Enlightened

you are right arc isnt producing this. Yet they seem to be very simularly made. I didnt say that this was made by arc, its implied just like the Olight is a knockoff fenix.....but no this isnt made by arc.

gunga

Flashaholic

I don't think a stainless Arc was actually mode, tho I would definitely get one.

:paypal:

I saw that article on countrycomm a while ago but I don't know if it was ever release.

THe 2nd light is a cree and very different. Cannot comment on the possible quality. Just because is SS, doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

:devil:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks supiciously alot like the one, i think its, McGizmo is making, except his is in Ti? :thinking:

cant seem to find the thread though, i know i saw it somewhere..

its a nice looking light though, i would be down for one if the price is reasonable. SS seems to be becoming the poor man's TI..

Crenshaw

Last edited:

2sparky

Newly Enlightened

yea its got to be pretty harsh to click on a thread and have it come up to be something that you didnt expect it to be.........

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast

2Sparky, you can edit the first post and take the word "arc" out.

It'd be a kindness to make it accurate.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think someone said the CountyComm one's been in development for years now. Don't hold your breath.

Peak LED Solutions will make a better light, available now.

leon-qcg

Newly Enlightened
I asked my colleague about this, she told me she got the info from the manufacture, it's a mistake, I checked this with a normal AAA battery, the half hour is right, so it's half hours. No more than one hour with other batteries!!!:)

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Way back in the day CountyComm was much more active here and had some of the best deals on just really neat things....including lights. I remember reading about this AAA light many years back however it kind of simply faded away never really developing into something they even sold.

If I remember correct this was a special project for an unknown customer and at the time I believe the Arc AAA was still being sold and still very popular. I also believe this was being developed by CountyComm long before the maker of Arc went out of business and I do not think it was ever compared to an Arc and do not believe CC intended it to be in competition with Arc.

I sent CC an e-mail several years back as I have always liked the stainless steel look and wanted to buy this light. I received no response at all so just gave up. I just checked the link again and have found CC has removed it. They usually delete items like this when they are no longer offered so we will most likely never see this light again....shame as it did look like it had potential.

Latest posts