New Flashaholic

RADICALRAVEN

Newly Enlightened
Hello All, Trying this again. I'm New Here and The first time I posted I got some type of error message and everytime I tried to exit out it kept posting the same thread :oops:. Sorry For That!!! After that, I noticed the forum was down for maintenance .......Great, Join The Forum and Already KILLED IT :eek:!!! Again Sorry for the Multiple Posts.

I was invited over by monocrom. He had been giving me some advice and suggestions on a new EDC light. I thought I had my mind made up, but after doing a little research and reading some reviews I find myself in a dilemma of picking between the Fenix P2D Q5 and the Olight T10 Q5.

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I'm and LEO and am Basically CLUELESS when it comes to knowledge about flashlights .......well pocket sized anyway.

Again, after reading some reviews I noticed that the Olight has a bit more output than the Fenix .......or am I wrong??? I also did find a deal at Elite EDC which offers the Olight T10 Q5 with an extra T15 body tube for a decent price. Yet again, I'm clueless in this area. So, ya willing to give a new guy some light advice. All suggestions, info, recommendations welcome. Thank You for listening and Again Sorry for almost Blowing Up the Forum.....at least I think it was my fault??? Take Good Care All and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :twothumbs

-RADICALRAVEN-

Last edited:

leon-qcg

Newly Enlightened
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: not clear what you want, :p:p if it is possible, we can talk about this with MSN, also I am not very familar with flashlights, though I am working here in this company for flashlights!!!:oops:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: not clear what you want, :p:p if it is possible, we can talk about this with MSN, also I am not very familar with flashlights, though I am working here in this company for flashlights!!!:oops:

which company your working at....:huh:

RADICALRAVEN, if youre looking for a tactical light, you might want to look for a momentary on switch...?

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oh RAVEN, I invite you in; and you crash our forums! :D

Just kidding. The CPF forums go down sometimes. It happens far less than it used to. Nothing you did caused the problem. Usually if you go do something else for a few minutes, the site is back to normal.

Crenshaw has a good point, if you want a back-up light for duty use. But I recall you wanted something more for EDC while you were off duty. Is that what you're still looking for?

BTW.... :welcome:

RADICALRAVEN

Newly Enlightened
Hey Monocrom, Sorry I should've been more specific. You're correct, I'm looking for an Off-Duty EDC light. Still trying to decide between the Fenix and Olight. I went through the review link you sent me and it appears the Olight is real close to the Fenix and in some modes has more output for a longer time??? Maybe I misread???

Whoooaa glad that wasn't me that crashed the Forum .......Sheeeesh :eek::ohgeez:!!!

Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :twothumbs

-RADICALRAVEN-

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

The Fenix P2D is a great EDC light even with the P4 CREE.I don't have an Olight but with both lights using the Q5 I doubt either will dissapoint or blow the other away.Fenix has a longer track record than Olight if your looking at quality issues.I think the biggest difference is the UI(user interface).

The P2D goes like this:

Head tight-1st click turbo,2nd click strobe

Slightly loosen head-1st click low,2nd click medium,3rd click high,4th click SOS

In both cases the light will come on with the first setting if it has been off for a few seconds but if you repeatedly turn it off and on it will switch through the modes.
The Olight remembers the last mode I believe,maybe an Olight owner can chime in with a description of the UI.

leon-qcg

Newly Enlightened
which company your working at....:huh:

RADICALRAVEN, if youre looking for a tactical light, you might want to look for a momentary on switch...?

Crenshaw

Hey, well, I am working here in Shenzhen, China, (this is our site: www.qualitychinagoods.com)we sell flashlights, but there are so many knowledges about flashlights to learn, also there are many problems that came from our customers, even more I want to prove my language, as there are so many local languages that I am not very clear with, sometimes it may cause a mistake for this reason,,,:-( :shakehead I don't want it like this, but just give the best service to our customers!!!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Those two lights you mentioned are indeed similar. With the Olight having a slight edge over the Fenix model. Between those two, the minor details might be the deciding factor. Maybe something as minor as, which one has the styling you like better.

Or if you ever plan on carrying the light on your belt. I don't believe the Olight comes with a holster. The one that comes with the Fenix is nothing special. But it's serviceable, and I can say from experience that the open-top design holds the light very securely, while still giving you instant access to it. If pocket carry is all you're interested in, the slight edge that the Olight has in terms of runtime and output might be a better way to go.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, well, I am working here in Shenzhen, China, (this is our site: www.qualitychinagoods.com)we sell flashlights, but there are so many knowledges about flashlights to learn, also there are many problems that came from our customers, even more I want to prove my language, as there are so many local languages that I am not very clear with, sometimes it may cause a mistake for this reason,,,:-( :shakehead I don't want it like this, but just give the best service to our customers!!!

hey, cool! we now have a contact in place at QCG!

RADICALRAVEN, you really thought you crashed the forum? :crackup:
dont worry about it, it happens once in awhile...i think thier working at fixing it :thumbsup:

as for olight vs fenix, no experience with olight, so ill just say i love my fenixes..

Crenshaw

Dantor

Enlightened
welcome to CPF RADICALRAVEN!

Monocrom is a good bub, and well respected, I'd listen to him, as their are many good people here. In no time you will learn and be a pro, and have a slightly lower bank account! ;)

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Radicalraven! We have quite a few LEOs as members here, and I'm sure they will be happy to advise you.

Do not worry about crashing the site, it's usually Monocrom who does that, and now he'll have someone else to blame, lol.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some differences are:

All the Olights I own have a more difficult to press button on them, probably twice as much pressure to operate the switch. (Not that big of a deal...)

The output of the lights are very close to each other, you won't notice 10% difference in output... But, the Olight is designed to throw further, you will notice that.

The Olight has more modes, but they are closer together, and a lot of the modes blend together, the two low modes, you almost can't tell apart, and the two high modes you almost can't tell apart, so it is basically a 3 mode light.

The UI is pretty different... If you will mostly be wanting one level of light, (I almost always use my edc on low,) the Olight might be a better choice. It could actually go either way in my case, cause the fenix first turns on in low mode.

jufam44

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! Did you consider the Surefire E1B? Yeah, it's not cheap, but the build quality and reliability + lifetime no questions asked warranty is worth it. Just my .02. If you want it, bright guy sells them and IIRC there's a CPF discount...

Again, Welcome!
-Max

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Do not worry about crashing the site, it's usually Monocrom who does that, and now he'll have someone else to blame, lol.
LOL

I refuse to take all the blame! :D

I know he works hard, but we need someone with thumbs!
pctechsupportcatao6.jpg

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Humm, that does look like a good deal.

As some one above has stated, the main difference between the Olight and the difference(besides size) is the Olight throws a bit further(has a narrower beam) and the the different UI.

If you want more throw and a twist to change modes UI(with memory so the next time you turn the light on, it would be on the mode that you turned it off from), get the Olight.

If you want a smaller light and a less throw, get the Fenix.

RADICALRAVEN

Newly Enlightened
Hey All, THANK YOU FOR THE WARM WELCOME and all the Info, Suggestions, Recommendations and Advice. It's Greatly Appreciated :thumbsup:!!! Just to let you all know, I just placed an order for the Olight T10 Q5 which also comes with a T15 body to use AA batteries also. Looked like a good deal soooooo, dished out the cash :eek:. Like mentioned .......looks like I'll also be getting a Fenix P2D Q5 or the T1 on payday :whistle:. Yeah, I know it didn't take long did it??? Take Good Care All and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-RADICALRAVEN-

Last edited:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here is a good place to learn, to meet new people, and, unfortunately, to spend your money in lights... HaHaHaHa!

Greetings from Brasil! :thumbsup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Let us know what you think of your new Olight after you've had a few days to try it out.

Do yourself a favor, and start carrying a thinner wallet. That way, it won't feel so empty the day after payday. :grin2: