• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lanyard ring for ARC MJP Extreme Micro

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
I've recently received two Extreme Micros from Arc Mania, very impressive and very cool, an amazing amount of light from such a small package. I've been searching CPF and the 'net in general, looking for ideas for a lanyard ring, and I've sent a note and some measurements to Burman, with the hope that he can come up with something.

While I'm waiting 'though, I figured I'd ask the group in general what they've used. I'd like to hook mine to a keychain, but it appears some sort of two piece ring would be needed to fit into the groove at the tail end of the light, because I can't figure out if there's a removeable cap at the end. Even if the cap is removeable, I'm not sure how I would to it without scratching the light.

I'm considering whipping up something out of sheet stainless steel or brass, or maybe even using copper-clad printed circuit board which I could at least silver solder a ring or something to. I'd just hate to have the light fall off 'though.

Randy

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
According to LEDZeppelin, "I don't think Mike is going to pursue his original plans for one, I think he had trouble sourcing them at a reasonable cost."

Look at this post as well. Some quotes from this post below.

mariposaoyako says, "This is an ordinary O-ring (inner diameter 13mm).
So it is taken off by strong pull, but has enough tension to suspend very small EM.

alex in germany says, "To attach a Lanyard to a O-Ring you shoud try a Ring made from Polyurethane. PU is stronger than silicone or NBR, FPM, etc.."

Hope that helps.