NEW Illuminator w/Beamshots & Light Meter Readings

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
First off let me say I did not have the time to do a runtime test, but knowing Lambda, if he says it runs up to four hours before dropping into the Moon Mode, I'll put my money on it.

Anyway I was kindly sent one to check out, so here it is with some other 1W Luxeon test partners, from left to right:

Micro Illuminator Prototype

McLux w/BB750, Q3H Batwing, NX-05 optic

MR Bulk's personal Mini LGI

New Improved Illuminator

MR Bulk's personal LGI

fc71a743.jpg

None of these lights are "stock", meaning all have been enhanced and/or souped up to some degree. Heady competition, indeed.

Without further ado, here are the beamshots in the same order:

fc71a746.jpg

And finally, the test with no subjective influences ("Ooh, but I think I like the beam color better on that one."), the one from which no light can hide, the dreaded LightMan LM631 light meter readings:

Micro Illuminator - 84 lux

McLux - 408 lux

Mini LGI - 555 lux

New Illuminator - 458 lux

LGI - 575 lux

Built to the same high level of fit, finish and performance, this new Illuminator should take us Flashoholics by storm, just like the first one did...

Thanks Kevin, for letting me buy one of these first ones.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lambda\'s New and Improved Illuminator

Thanks for the kind review Mr. B.

I wasn't sure of the performance on your unit, as you ripped it out of my hands before I got a chance to test it beyond "does it light up". The AS basically cured while in the mail.....

A three hour continuous run time is normal for these units, and much more if used intermittently like most flashlights get used.

Are you keeping busy on your time off?

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Charlie,

I would have posted in this forum too, if I hadn't seen this thread - New improved Lambda Illuminator - What's NEW? - so to keep up the whole cross post thing here's the meat of my post, "... the important part, this light ROCKS!!! This is a really nice light. It is very bright with an excellent beam. Workmanship is excellent as it always is with Kevin's lights. I own several Lambda creations and this one was definitely worth adding to the collection. I strongly recommend these lights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I don't which mine would compare to, Professional or Standard, but I really don't think you can go wrong with either. "

Pat

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Oops, forgot to include the LINK to order these. The Standard Series is actually in stock Right Now...