First post - new flashaholic first purchase

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone! Well, I'm located in Alberta, Canada and I've been on the watch and knife forums for some time and have recently been lurking here and I'm glad I dropped by (I'm sure my wife will be less than thrilled :ohgeez:)

Anyways, I made my first purchase of 2 Arc's (1 for a back up) and I'm glad I did - what a wicked little light. Looking to check out a couple fenix lights in the near future.

You guys have a great forum here - I can't believe how much traffic there is on here (and how FAST things sell in the buy/sell area..)

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Hey man and :welcome: That is a great start to the world of lights and if you think those are cool, wait till you get the awesome power of an L4 or a P3D Q5. Becareful though, I hear singed armhair smells :cool:

-Evan

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Good start, hammerface! Stick around awhile. We're a friendly bunch, so don't be afraid to ask anything, and not just about flashlights.
:welcome:

Geoff

Draven451

Enlightened
Welcome aboard - enjoy your stay and I hope your prepared to see that flashlights in our world cost a little more than the kind you can find at your local Walmart! LOL :welcome: But I'm sure you already knew that :thumbsup:

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, watches and knives get pricey too. I've been buying/selling them for some time. Pretty much just kept a couple watches and a few knives I really liked and moved on. Now that I have discovered the wonderful world of flashlights I see a whole new obsession beginning.. :faint:

Most of the time, reading and learning on the forums is "almost" as fun as buying stuff....

Next purchase will either be a L2D CE Q5 (as I like the accessibility of AA batteries with having a small child in the house, we ALWAY have a plethora of AA's on hand) -

Or, if I don't get that I might check out the T1 or the P3D CE Q5. The more I read the more I'm learning to say the phrase "ah screw it, just buy both!" :sssh: I'm leaning towards the Fenix brand as for the money, they look like wicked lights and most people have great things to say (that and our daughter's name is Phoenix so.... well, that's just an excuse to buy a flashlight... LOL)

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, hammerface!

I can see how watches get would get expensive. I know from experience how knives, guns, and quality lights get expensive! Oh, we cannot forget batteries and ammo!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: Good choice on going with a Fenix next. They are very good lights for the money, and will allow you to build up a collection pretty fast with the money you are saving on each purchase. Good luck and remember we are all here to help each other :)

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone! Well, I'm located in Alberta, Canada and I've been on the watch and knife forums for some time and have recently been lurking here and I'm glad I dropped by (I'm sure my wife will be less than thrilled :ohgeez:)

Anyways, I made my first purchase of 2 Arc's (1 for a back up) and I'm glad I did - what a wicked little light. Looking to check out a couple fenix lights in the near future.

You guys have a great forum here - I can't believe how much traffic there is on here (and how FAST things sell in the buy/sell area..)

:welcome:

Man, prepare yourself... there is a lot to learn from here! Everyday I learn something new, know new lights, and make some friends too. It´s good to be in touch with all those crazy americans and their amazing passion for lights and LEDs!

Greetings from Brasil! :twothumbs

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! Before you read to much go and reduce the limit on your credit cards and lock up your wallet!
Im just outside of Edmonton myself, its nice to meet someone else thats somewhat close to my area. Have fun and feel free to contribute all you want.

Last edited:

jufam44

Enlightened
Another welcome to cpf, and be prepared...If you're not careful, you'll go :broke: :)