Why am I still attracted to A2 Aviators?

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Call it strange. Call it weird.

I buy an A2. I sell it. I buy another one. I think I'm tired of it, sell it, then want another one again.

What is the innate attraction of the A2? I can't say why.

I gave into the urge again today. Sportsman's Warehouse had one A2 (White LED) left out of their clearance. It was a return. Someone didn't want it after buying it and took it back to the store.

I felt it needed a home. So it came with me.

I guess the third time's the charm. Funny, since I really never carry the Aviator series...but it still has this draw to it that says "You need one of me in your collection"....

-Steve

Lightguy27

Enlightened
The simple elegance and attraction of an A2 is a majical thing. It is the king of light that makes a collection complete. I sadly just sold mine to a friend but will be picking another one up soon.

-Evan

Masque

Newly Enlightened
It's a classic! A great mix of the old and the new. Part of your brain says, "I really should have one incandescent light that won't leave me completely in the dark after an hour. That sounds useful."

That, or it's the HAIII coating - that's "heavily addictive", in the A2's case, instead of Hard Anodized on the rest. Hard to see the difference, but it's there if you look.

Patriot

Flashaholic
After being engrossed in LED lights for so long, carrying and using a handy and reliable incan like the A2 is a real treat. The incan light is warming and makes colors appear they way they should. Now, even if my A2 isn't clipped in my pocket, I always have one in my day pack. My recently installed Strion kit has made the A2 even more interesting and useful for me. I know that I'll be getting lots of mileage on them for years to come.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It may seem weird but i fall in love with a light mainly because i associate it with good times i have had with it.I go on ghost hunts a couple times a year and my main light has always been an A2.I keep it on led mode around my neck than if i see something or just get plane scared i can switch to high.I have alot of good memories carrying that light.

DM51

Flashaholic
A2s are very sociable, especially the 4-flat-sided ones.

A2cigars-2.jpg

e2x2e

Enlightened
:) You probably were the one who returned it in the first place :) I don't own an A2, unfortunately, but I'm sure it is a pleasure to own one...or two...or twelve.

Wicho

Enlightened
You do cover them at night with a warm blanket, right? Remember, they were used to toasty, sunny Southern California weather!

It's nice seeing how they've grown up and been properly socialized. They couldn't have gone to a better home.

:wave:

Missing them, huh? Don't worry, they're very happy here, lol.

J!m

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine this weekend. I bought it from a great seller on the bay.

Anyway, I wanted the yellow-green LED, which seems to be hard to find lately.

I love it! The LED color is great, the brightness is perfect; it doesn't blind me if I illuminate a map while driving at night. The white incan light is plenty bright enough to check for dislodged springs or broken shock mounts under the truck. Clip the clip onto your hat brim, or onto your seat belt for hands-free use.

I think that if you could only splurge on one aluminum SF lite, this should be it.

There is no reason to not have a G2 or two, but this little light is pretty close to perfect for me at least.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Great form factor - very versitile - excellent incan - pure technical tour de force...among other reasons.

Agreed. This light is a really cool technically advanced light. It's sweet. I keep on coming back to it. It does have the best of both worlds.

-Steve

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gotta say, the A2 doesnt attract me for some reason, i been playing with iSleep's, and well, its all fun with the LED and Xenon, but at the end of the day, P61s out throw it, High powerd LEDs out throw it, and i have become used to LED so much so that incans look VERY yellow to me. So..:shrug:

Crenshaw

Chuck289

Enlightened
I just got my first A2 a few days ago, red LEDs. After over a year of reading A2 threads I finally gave in. I think it's a fantastic light. The 3 red LEDs don't seem quite as bright as the 2 red LEDs on my Streamlight NightCom, but I still havn't decided if thats a good or bad thing. So far I'm loving this light. If all goes well i'll probably be buying a white one in the future.

Latest posts