NEW Inova T3...quick overview.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a newest version Inova T3.

GOOD:
--Amazing output. At least double as compared the second generation T3 (3 cell, reflector K2). Output, for comparison, flood is equal to a Fenix T1, with a nice hotspot that transitions into a tight middle, though not as focused as a T1 or TIR based SF.
--Identical in appearance to 2nd Gen T3.
--Came with three Energizer cells
--Packaging has a run time graph...Not sure on accuracy, but it's nice to see the light's output graphed.

BAD:
--POSSIBLE tinty beam (though this is hard to tell with my sun-eyes, everything looks a bit off during the day).
--Documentation could be better.
--Switch boot could be a bit taller. Constant on needs a bit more effort than other lights.
--I still don't understand why Inova puts the positive tip of the cells towards the light's tail.

--dan

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where do you get the latest version T series, it is the 2008 I assume, and how do we know the difference ? I am interested in the T1.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where do you get the latest version T series, it is the 2008 I assume, and how do we know the difference ? I am interested in the T1.

They look identical. The packaging is a bit different.

Goto to the CPF marketplace, there's Bugout Gear and Battery Junction that should have them. I picked mine up from TADgear.

-dan

Retinator

Enlightened
Sounds nice.

I found my X1 Gen2 had a very stiff momentary. You needed thumbs of steel on that one. It just died last week & I sent it back.

Back to the T3, is this the version with the strobe/SOS? How is the heat dissipation?
And never having handled any of the 'T' series, how's the knurling for grip. The X's are always 'thumbing' through my hands.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Thanks for the review Dano. I have a new T1 on the way and I'll be doing a thorough review..as thorough, at least, as possible without access to a lux-meter. Oh well, we know the lux anyways. I'm still curious as to why the T2 has a higher output than the T3. I love the size and shape of my Scorpion, though, so the T2 may be the light I settle on for "duty".

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review Dano. I have a new T1 on the way and I'll be doing a thorough review..as thorough, at least, as possible without access to a lux-meter. Oh well, we know the lux anyways. I'm still curious as to why the T2 has a higher output than the T3. I love the size and shape of my Scorpion, though, so the T2 may be the light I settle on for "duty".

Only the T4 and T5 have the multi-modes. The T1, T2 and T3 are single mode lights.

I'm guessing that the T2's output was higher (in BOG's Marketplace thread) was due to light variance when hitting the light meter's sensor. I've had this happen with my luxmeter. This is justa guess, though (or, maybe he had a really hot running T2?).

-dan

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
is the beam as ringy as an archery target?
is there any side spill?
tia

You're thinking of the older TIROS models.

The T-series has had reflectors for quite some time. Sidespill is excellent, and the beam is perfect, without any imperfections.

-dan

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reflectors aren't smooth - they're 'diamond turned' which gives them some very small texturing. Also, the K2's have excellent beam quality which definitely helps.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
did last years t series have the run time graph on the pack? is this a way to tell the dif for those looking at Target?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
did last years t series have the run time graph on the pack? is this a way to tell the dif for those looking at Target?

The nearest Fry's Electronics store started selling Inova T-series lights last year.

None of the Targets in my area have ever sold Inova T-series lights, just the X-series and smaller. Have you seen T-series at your Target?

That would be great!

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
I've never seen the T-series at Target stores. Only the X series. Diamond turned reflector eh? Sounds good to me. 100 lumens and ~1600 lux indicates that the T1 should have a great amount of flood and a useable beam. should make a fantastic EDC light.