KL1 question?

kev1-1

Enlightened
I just received my KL1...its GREAT! I was wondering if it is normal to be able to see what I assume is an o-ring around one of the heat dissipation rings on it?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I don't think the o-ring seal should be overly visible from the various KL1's I've seen. It's difficult to say without seeing it.

Any change of getting a photo or scan of your KL1?

Al

mhejl

Newly Enlightened
There's three pieces: the bezel which holds the Pyrex, optic and Luxeon PCB in place; a spacer (with one fin); and the main body (with two fins). The spacer is the active heat sink for the Luxeon.

Yes, you can see an o-ring between the body and spacer. It's really a flat plastic (nylon?) washer, not an o-ring. The threaded spacer does not seat on a ridge or anything in the main body; only the threadlock holds it in place.

Good to hear you got a good one, unlike mine.

kev1-1

Enlightened
No digital camera at the moment...its on the hit list though!
Mikey, that sounds pretty much like what my KL1 looks like. Cheers!
The KL1 is at least twice as bright as my opalec new beam in the mini-mag. It has a purple/green beam but nothing to bad...indeed its much whiter than I expected having read peoples comments here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lightoleum

Newly Enlightened
My KL1 (SN A02628) utterly transformed my E1e. The beam is whiter than any of my other LEDs, with just a hint of the purple. Be nice to have one in gunmetal for my E1, but nooooo....

Latest posts