Which is Fenix's Brightest Torch

Albinoni

Banned
Among all the Fenix torches which one is their most brightest one. I would suspect the Fenix P1D Q5 Cree Edition at 180 Lumens. Would be also great if they made this in a Clickie version, though the P2D looks very similar and as far as I know it has a clikie.

Also would be interested to know if you can put a P1D Q5 Cree Edition head onto a P2D body.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
no you cant put a p1d head on a p2d body, there isnt any point anyways, the p1d isnt their brightest light. the t1 is, by a good margin, and then the p3d, and then the p2d and p1d-ce are right on pare with each other.

fenix-store.com (check it out)

eric_wolf

Newly Enlightened
The T1 is a flame thrower. According to their web site:

• Cree Premium (Q5) 7090 XR-E LED
• Two modes of output, selected by turning the bezel:
¨ Turbo Mode: Constant 225 Lumens, 1.5 hours

Albinoni

Banned
no you cant put a p1d head on a p2d body, there isnt any point anyways, the p1d isnt their brightest light. the t1 is, by a good margin, and then the p3d, and then the p2d and p1d-ce are right on pare with each other.

fenix-store.com (check it out)

I cannot see how the P3D is brighter when the P1D Cree has 180 Lumens where as the P3D has 95 Lumens, big difference there, or am I getting something wrong.

Marduke

Flashaholic
5 Minutes on any Fenix dealer's website would have answered your question of which is brightest, so why did you spend probably more time posting this pointless thread?? :thinking: :poke:

Also, the P3D is 215 lumens on turbo, no where near 95. The T1 can do 225.

BigD64

Enlightened
You have to compare High to Turbo. Turbo for the P3D is 160 in the standard 200 in the rebel version and 215 in the Q5. When it says 215 Turbo----> strobe it means it will strobe at 215 but Turbo mode is full strenght brightness.

BigD64

Enlightened
Duke the Fenix website is a little confusing if you don't know the difference between Turbo and High.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Duke the Fenix website is a little confusing if you don't know the difference between Turbo and High.

lol you dont have to know, just look which is brighter.

T1 is brightest, P3D Q5 is second brightest. The P2D is the clicky version of the P1D - same levels except that they are seperated into 2 modes to take advantage of the now unused head swist.

btw, make sure you're looking at Fenix's latest homepage: http://www.fenixlight.com/newping.asp

Masque

Newly Enlightened
The T1 also has a tighter beam pattern, so the 225 lumen spot of the T1 does appear markedly brighter than the 215 lumen spot of the P3D Q5.

That said, the T1 is huge, heavy and unwieldy. The P3D Q5 is thin and slippery. Choose your poison. :)

Albinoni

Banned
5 Minutes on any Fenix dealer's website would have answered your question of which is brightest, so why did you spend probably more time posting this pointless thread?? :thinking: :poke:

Also, the P3D is 215 lumens on turbo, no where near 95. The T1 can do 225.

:oops: sorry my mistake but I was looking at a wrong light getting confused with another Fenix.

But your correct the P3D is brighter as stated on the Fenix Website

Blindedbyled

Newly Enlightened
You can't go wrong with the T1 or P3d, but the T1 will out throw the P3d by a mile with its larger reflector and tight beam if that's what your looking for,

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Albinoni said:
But your correct the P3D is brighter as stated on the Fenix Website

:shrug:
thinking.gif

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Out of all the Fenix light available, the T1 R2 is probably the brightest(good luck buying one). The normal T1 would be a close second(difference is only a few lumen).

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
absolute brightest probably the T1

The T1 Versus my P1DQ5 is just slightly brighter, only very noticable at far distance, and ceiling bounce, and on a scale of 1-10, maybe a 5 for noticiability when white wall hunting. I carry my T1 for its much easier to operate Ui

and Gunner, where did you see an R2 T1?

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That was the exact place where I saw it.

Wasn't there a thread about it? I forgot the link though I know it had something to do with prolight.

Around $78.50 before taxes and shipping. IMO, not worth it.