• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD Pending Funds* 2 New TNC Key-Lux's with RV7 drivers Seoul: $125, Cree $175

BigBoy

Enlightened
3/3/08: price reduced

I have 2 new TNC Key-Lux lights with RV7 drivers. These are single stage lights (high only). Powered by a single Nimh cell.

#1: $175 - Key-Lux in Cree body / head - Cree is Q5/WC - sold to elnino
#2: $125 - Key-Lux in Seoul body / head - Seoul is USVOI - sold to william lafferty

Please add $5 for domestic USA shipping, and $10 for international shipping. Shipping will be first class insured.

Please post an I'll take it message to this thread if you want a light and are prepared to pay promptly. Priority will be determined by posting order as usual. I will P.M. you with the paypal address. If you are paying with a credit card please add 2.9%.

Pictures for item #1:

tnc_cree_can.jpg

tnc_cree_can_front.jpg

tnc_cree_body.jpg

tnc_cree_beamshot.jpg

Pictures for item #2:

tnc_seoul_can.jpg

tnc_seoul_body.jpg

tnc_seoul_beamshot.jpg

Because the battery tubes I received were longer than intended both canisters were built to compensate for the extra length. This is fine for the RV7's because components would otherwise interfere with the inside surface of the canisters. An additional 2mm was added to the Cree canister to correctly focus the LED in the reflector. The Seoul light is floody and is great for close in lighting 8-12 feet. The Cree light has great throw with usable spill, and lights objects nicely out to 100 feet. The RV7 is capable of driving a LED at 800 ma. from 1 Nimh cell, and both lights are shirt pocketable.

The following chart shows output (in milliamps) for the RV7 driver with several popular batteries:

battery.jpg

If there is demand I will make another 2 - but then my supply of 16mm RV7's will be exhausted. Unless more become available this will be it ...

Recent closed sales by BigBoy:
1/28/2008;
1/1/2008;
11/29/2007
10/04/2007;

Last edited:

Gary123

Enlightened
Re: New TNC Key-Lux's with RV7 drivers

What size primaries do these lights run on and will they run on 3.7 v? I'm not too familiar with these lights. I'm also not sure about the size either. I think these are fairly small. Would be great if the picture had a quarter or nickel in the picture for size reference.

BigBoy

Enlightened

Key-Lux's take AA's.
This is a single Nimh light only! 3.7 volts would smoke it.
I also forgot to mention the Cree is a Q5 / WC and the Seoul is a P4 (USVOI).
Bob

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

The Key-Lux is running on one AA, and in this case one NiMH AA. It should be able to be run with one primary Lithium AA. This circuit does need to have a high amp drain battery to hold voltage. Notice how strong the Elite 1700 NiMh is. Short lived but maintains high output very well, a nice high discharge battery.

Bill

Gary123

Enlightened
Re: New TNC Key-Lux's with RV7 drivers *Price Reduced*

The only rechargeables I do are 3.7 volts.

How do you think the performance of AA Lithium primaries would compare with the Nimh batteries in your graph, and what do you think the runtime might be?

Thanks.

Last edited:

BigBoy

Enlightened

These lights are only compatible with single Nimh 1.2 volt source. 3.7 volts would smoke em' ...
Bob

The only rechargeables I do are 3.7 volts.

How do you think the performance of AA Lithium primaries would compare with the Nimh batteries in your graph, and what do you think the runtime might be?

Thanks.

Gary123

Enlightened

Bob:

Just want to make sure we are on the same page here.

Since I only do rechargeables in 3.7 volt, and I am not interested at this time in buying another charging system to do Nimh, I would only be able to use AA alkaline or those Energizer e2 primary AA's. Since these are all 1.5 volt, it sounds like these batteries would not work in these lights. Just want to make sure.

Thanks again.

BigBoy

Enlightened

It's possible that the 1.5v lithium primarys would be fine - but I havn't tested them. The primary alkaline is definitely not advised because it can't deliver the current needed to acheive the full potential of the RV7 driver.

That said these lights are built for single AA Nimh cells and anything else would be less than ideal.

Bob

BigBoy

Enlightened
Re: 2 New TNC Key-Lux's with RV7 drivers Seoul: $125, Cree $175

Added beamshots against concrete driveway ...
Lowered Cree version to $175

elnino

Enlightened
Re: 2 New TNC Key-Lux's with RV7 drivers Seoul: $125, Cree $175

I'll take #1: $175 - Key-Lux in Cree body / head - Cree is Q5/WC if still available.

elnino

Enlightened
Bob, I received my TNC Cree today. I tried it with an Energizer e2 1.5
lithium battery and this sucker is bright! I really like this light. Thanks.

Edward