RocketLight (AAA LED)

Xenon

Enlightened
Today I came across a beautiful AAA white LED light. Comes with a on/off switch! Body is made from solid brass with lacquered blue finish outside. Uses Nichia LED (as stated in the package) and seems to be just as bright as my Arc AAA lights. Cost about S$17.00 (USD 9.00)

For pics of this light, click here...

RocketLight

K A

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Xenon said:
Today I came across a beautiful AAA white LED light. Comes with a on/off switch! Body is made from solid brass with lacquered blue finish outside. Uses Nichia LED (as stated in the package) and seems to be just as bright as my Arc AAA lights. Cost about S$17.00 (USD 9.00)

For pics of this light, click here...

RocketLight

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. You can tell with this picture that the RocketLight (at least the one you have) has a noticeable blueish cast to its edges when compared to the Arc's. The Arc's do show a slightly blue cast, but not as much.

I dont have my 17" monitor turned to 'proper' brightness levels only because its so damn bright that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif That blueish cast is what jumped out at me. I would think that laquered finish would easily get scratched if you had it on your keychain when compared to the Arc LE's HA3 finish.

Other than that, it appears to hold its own with the Arc's.

Mrd 74

Enlightened
I wouldn't mind owning one of these.Solid brass underneath,would look nice stripped once tarnished.Where can I get one?

Xenon

Enlightened
Yes it is solid brass, it feels and weighs quite substantial too, about 50% heavier than the Arc AAA. Have not check the runtime of this light but it seems to be regulated. I don't think it would be easy to strip the
lacquered finish off the surface.

The beam has a slight bluish cast to it when compared directly to the Arcs AAA. But it does have a hologram sticker with the words "Certified Nichia LED Japan".

This light is made in Hong Kong by IQ and Rocketlight Ltd.
Mrd 74, I see if I can get any more of it and will email you if I can.