Dorcey K2 120 Lumen Flashlight for $40 at Sears:

Cavelightchris

Newly Enlightened
I just got back from sears and the flashlight I wanted the most was this $40 one that claimed 120 Lumens from a K2 LED. I think Dorcey called it a 6 watt, whatever that is supposed to mean I don't know. It ran off of 2 CR123A's, which it came with to my surprise. I wanted to inform everyone that it was there, and I also wondered; Does anybody own it? If so do you think it is really 120 Lumens? Is it good at spotting, and how floody is it? A Beam shot would make my day..

I will probabley buy the thing anyhow, at least I don't have to go to deal extreme to get an inexpensive, small, and powerful flashlight. In fact the thing is so small it looked perfect for going in to my caving pack. Heck you could chop it in two and make a really decent headlamp out of it, but for $40 I don't think I would ever do that, especially with the Rayovak Highbeam out(even though I can't find the Highbeam in stores yet).

They had some Dorcey 3 watt led products, all claimed 65 Lumens. The headlamp was only $30, but it didn't look waterproof or even water resistant, and it didn't even make any claims as such. The 120 Lumen flashlight looked waterproof from what little I read on the back, but I don't this for sure. Has anyone ever used the 3 watt Dorcey headlamp I was wondering, if so could you tell me what you thought of it. It looks like it isn't going to be any good at spotting, but it might make a great flood light. My brother has a Dorcey headlamp, but I don't know if it's the 1 or 3 watt version, all I know is that it puts off a really blue light which I hate, and it doesn't seem very bright unless you just changed the batteries.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I've heard it wasn't that good(maybe that was anther light) and if you want to buy online, there are much cheaper and brighter alternatives with the current gen LEDs (seeing as the current gen LEDs are more the twice as efficient as the K2 used in the Dorcy).

It's definitely not 120 lumen out the front.

I'd suggest buying something with the current gen LED for that price if you don't have one already.

Review

Bror Jace

Enlightened
This sounds like the one at Target that's been on sale for about a year now ... except the model at Target runs off 6AAA batteries. Price is the same, I think ... $39.99.

LightGrunt0311

Newly Enlightened
This sounds like the one at Target that's been on sale for about a year now ... except the model at Target runs off 6AAA batteries. Price is the same, I think ... $39.99.
These are always sold out at my local Target. I went there and saw only 1 left. They seem to be selling like hot cakes. Are they any good? It's also $40 here and claims to be 120 lumens and runs on 6AAA.

Thx.

wai king

Newly Enlightened
I have one-Dorcy K2 120- It's not good. It gets really hot after a minute or two and it would step down in brightness. At first I thought my Dorcy K2 were a faulty one so I returned it and got another one, same thing with the second one. It draws a lot of juice from the 2 123 batteries. I can't remember but it was probably after half an hour of constant on and the original batteries that came with the flashlight were not useful anymore. :thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the Dorcy K2 6 watt 120 lumens unit that ran on 3 AAA batteries. With freshly charged NiMH rechareable batteries it drew 1.27 amps. It also put out 100 lumens with the reflector and window (head) off direclty into a calibrated integration sphere at work (which I posted in another thread). Its not regulated so as the battery goes down the brightness goes down. The same flashlight off of AAA alkalines couldn't deliver the current to make it as bright as the rechargeables. So its power draw is about 5 watts. I am guessing with 6Vs from lithium batteries on a fresh charge the head will actually get close to the 120 lumens but then it does get hot. The reflector and plastic window in front of it reduced that light output to 86 lumens into a otherwise nice spot focused light. I would get the Inova T1 over at Fry's before I would buy the Dorcy if you didn't already have one. I bought mine strictly for testing purposes and then sold it.

The Inova T1's do put out 100 lumens, very nice and handy, easy to hold on to with deep knurled case and good tactical button on the rear. I had only paid $35.00 for mine at Fry's.