• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale: ARC mania Extreme III Single AAA Flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

qarawol

Enlightened
I am now handling ALL sales... USA and International.

I have in stock the 'ARC mania' Extreme III Flashlight.
This is FULLY PROGRAMMABLE single AAA battery Flashlight with a 100+ lumen, hand selected Rebel LED. It has 2 user direct settings (P1 and P2) that can be programmed from very dim to maximum light. The is a blink and strobe mode that can also be complete programmed to how bright and how fast it blinks or strobes. The SOS mode too can be programmed This is truly one amazing Flashlight!

It can be used with 1.5v alkaline, 1.2v NiMH or NiCd, Energizer 1.5v Lithium and 10440 3.7v Li Ion cells. When using the 3.7v cells… IT SHOULD ONLY BE USED INTERMITTENTLY ON MAXIMUM OUTPUT!!! Flashlight must be set to 50% max for long term use when using a 3.7v battery. On my tests, high capacity NiMH seems to have the longest run times.

Size = 78mm long x 14mm (bezel).

Runtime Graph, courtesy of belyo... http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/8322/em3runtime01es9.gif

Link to the PDF manual for the Extreme III…
http://www.belyo.com/emIII.html

Video of how to program the P1 & P2 settings...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v438/qarawol/?action=view&current=ARCmaniaExtremeIII.flv

How to use the User Adjustable Mode...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...rrent=ARCmaniaExtremeIIIUserAdjustableMod.flv

Size comparison to the Fenix LOD and LF2 Cree..

AAASize.jpg

Front reflector picture…

AAAReflector.jpg

Here are some beam shot pictures of the Extreme III compared to the Fenix LOD and the LF2 Cree. A Rayovac Hybrid 1.2v NiMH battery was used. All pictures were taken with a Kodak P850 camera set on a tripod, shutter set to one second open. The timer was use to prevent camera shake. The door knob was the target set at 20' from the camera and the Flashlights were held even with the lens and 1" to the left of the lens. Center of beam was placed on the door knob.

Dark…

Dark-1.jpg

Fenix LOD high…

FenixLODoneseconmax.jpg

LF2 Cree max…

LF2Creeoneseconmax.jpg

Extreme III max…

ExtremeIIIoneseconmax.jpg

More reviews…

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=184472

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=187006

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=187723

I am now handling ALL sales... USA and International.

Price for the Extreme III shipped via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation is $139.95 within the USA. International (most locations), add $5.05... sent in an International Priority Flat Rate Envelope.

I accept PayPal, Money Order, Cashiers Check or cash. I can offer this at a slightly reduced price within the USA only due to shipping costs being a bit lower. Insurance is at an additional cost of $2.45 for domestic. Insurance cannot be added on International Priority Flat Rate Envelopes. Not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected mail. All funds are to be in US currency. Any conversion required will be at cost.

CASH PayPal address: qarawol2 at yahoo dot com. Replace 'at' with '@' , 'dot with '.' and no spaces. Omit the '2' for funding by credit card.
Keep in mind that, that is a 'Q' and not a 'G' in qarawol.

Please PM me for mailing address if sending paper payment. Be sure to include, with the payment, what you are buying, your CPF user ID and mailing address.

Note: Due to the User Interface (UI) of this Flashlight, it can SEEM to be very complicated to operate and/or program. The Flashlights has been tested before they were sent to me, I have tested them upon arrival and they will be tested again for proper operation before sending. I can and will pre-program the P1 and P2 modes to your liking.

Original sales thread posted by ARC mania...
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/185395

Njoy…

Last edited:

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
Re: Fore Sale: ARC mania Extreme III Single AAA Flashlight

A TRUELY GREAT LIGHT!!!!!!!! interface not the greatest, but DO NOT LET THAT STOP YOU,THE LIGHT AND QUALATY IS SUPURB!!

Last edited:

FsTop

Enlightened
A nice AAA light - I bought two. One is still working. The other got overheated and died.

Do NOT use this light at 100% on 10440's for more than two (yes, two) seconds, or you risk overheating and destroying the electronics.

Max brightness level on this light is really a party trick, or for strobe, not a useful function.

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came courtesy of Kenster and it has replaced my Arc AAA-P. This light is water resistant, bright and very well made. I am a big fan.

shuter

Enlightened
What battery was used for the beam shots?

I was thinking about using Eneloops and am wondering about lumen output and runtime?

What would the total cost be for an Extreme III shipped USPS Priority, insured, Paypal from a funds transfer account?

qarawol

Enlightened
What battery was used for the beam shots?

I was thinking about using Eneloops and am wondering about lumen output and runtime?

What would the total cost be for an Extreme III shipped USPS Priority, insured, Paypal from a funds transfer account?

The battery used were the Rayovac Hybrid rechargeable 1.2v NiMH cells.

These have the 100+ lumen, hand selected Rebel LED.

Runtime Graph, courtesy of belyo... http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/8...ntime01es9.gif

USA price shipped Priority is $139.95 sent to: qarawol2 at yahoo dot com. (see above)

Njoy...

Cemoi

Enlightened
Price for the Extreme III shipped (...) is $139.95 within the USA. International (most locations), add $5.05

Is this a typo?
A Liteflux LF2 is $45, shipped anywhere.
The (significantly) more expensive LF2X is $60.
The Fenix L0D Q4 is $46.50.

So it would make sense to read:
Price for the Extreme III shipped (...) is $39.95 within the USA. International (most locations), add $5.05.

BTW, what is the brand name for this light (MJP or ARC mania)? Does it have a website?

Last edited:

qarawol

Enlightened
Is this a typo?
A Liteflux LF2 is $45, shipped anywhere.
The (significantly) more expensive LF2X is $60.
The Fenix L0D Q4 is $46.50.

No Typo. The Extreme III is a different Flashlight from the ones you have listed. On the ones you listed, do those have a typo on the prices? The Dealextreme HF-1 single AAA Flashlight is only $14.88 and the single AAA Maglite Solitaire (incan) is only $5.00. Really simple... Different Flashlights asks for different prices. The higher cost of the Extreme III are for those who appreciate the added touches, workmanship, etc. Many have sold so that should mean something when the buyers were aware of the others ones you stated, including myself. I HAD both the Liteflux LF2 in Cree and P4 and I have a Fenix L0D. I just prefer the Extreme III. I have/had some listed on eBay for even MORE $$$ and they are selling.

So it would make sense to read:
Price for the Extreme III shipped (...) is $39.95 within the USA. International (most locations), add $5.05.

No it won't make sense for the Extreme III is a $139.95 Flashlight. The original price was $145.00. I am able to offer a slight discount to USA buyers due to the lower cost of domestic shipping.

BTW, what is the brand name for this light (MJP or ARC mania)? Does it have a website?

The maker is ARC mania and his Custom Flashlights are labeled MJP. There is/are no website/store parse, Internet sales/info is on the Flashlight Forums. You can find more info here on the review of the Extreme III... https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/187723

Njoy...

qarawol

Enlightened
qarawol, I've seen this one on ebay, and am tempted.

How many lumens is default and 50%

Thanks

Hi skalomax,

I don't have that info nor do I have a integrating sphere. I can however do a comparison using a light meter measuring the dark restroom ceiling bounce with other known Flashlights. Also, the percentage will be approximate.

Give me a few for it will take some time. Honey do list takes priority.

Njoy...

Cemoi

Enlightened
Thanks qarawol for your quick and detailed reply.

The Dealextreme HF-1 single AAA Flashlight is only $14.88

I was not comparing the Extreme III to budget flashlight, but to high quality models from renowned manufacturers, all widely praised by most contributors of these forums. While I clearly understand the difference in quality, features and performance between the DX or KD budget lights, and the Fenix or Liteflux ones, I don't clearly see what justify that the price of the Extreme III is between 2.5 and 3x that of the L0D or LF2(X). The Extreme III has the same UI as the LF2X, maybe it has a much better output and runtime?

donn_

Flashaholic
I don't clearly see what justify that the price of the Extreme III is between 2.5 and 3x that of the L0D or LF2(X).

There are a number of factors which justify the higher price, not the least of which is rarity. The lights you mention are mass-produced machine-made products. MJP lights are limited edition, hand-made lights, which, unlike the lights you mention, gain value as they age.

Spend some time researching the lights Mike Jordan (ArcMania) has produced, and look at their sales and re-sales on the forum, and you'll see what I mean.

Flic

Enlightened
There are a number of factors which justify the higher price, not the least of which is rarity. The lights you mention are mass-produced machine-made products. MJP lights are limited edition, hand-made lights, which, unlike the lights you mention, gain value as they age.

Spend some time researching the lights Mike Jordan (ArcMania) has produced, and look at their sales and re-sales on the forum, and you'll see what I mean.

Well said. Just like the difference between "off the rack", "made to measure" and "custom tailored". In this case I can assure you that you get what you pay for. This is one seriously beautiful light, and put together with care. I love mine. Yes, I will likely buy an LF2x , but my hand-built Extreme III will not relinquish it's place of honour.

Status
Not open for further replies.