Is there anybody planning to purchase the new E2L in March?

tim003

Newly Enlightened
I am currently own the Cree E2L, I am using it mainly for hunting and fishing, and love the running time of 15 hours and not worrying about carry 2 extra batteries in the woods. what do you think about the new 2 stage E2L compare to the "older" one? Thanks.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I, too, own an E2L Cree, but have no plans to replace is with a 2-level version. The 1-level is simple, reliable, and works great.

I also want a smaller light with long runtime so I am buying the current 1-level Cree E1L and expect delivery shortly. The new 2-level version is specified as having a shorter battery life than the 1-level (8.5 vs. 10 hours).

Surefire must have changed the E1L web page this week. The runtime on high had been listed at 4 hours (see the copy in the Google cache), but it is now listed as 8.5 hours. Huh?

I always carry one or two Arc AAA-P lights so I have a low level light available.

May buy a 2-level E1L in the future, but I prefer a simple on/off, longer life light for now.

Last edited:

tompen

Newly Enlightened
I plan to buy just the new KX2 head to upgrade my E2E to LED instead of buying the E2L. That way I can have the same light for a $66.00 upgrade. :twothumbs

Zenster

Enlightened
I've got the single mode E1L and love it, not only because it's simple "on-off" 30 lumen output is great for most times when I need a small light, but even more so for it's long runtime. Losing the great runtime going to 2-modes on either the E1L or the E2L is not a good trade-off for me.

I'm not saying that I may not eventually end up with one or both of the new 2-stage E*L's, I'm just not that excited about them at the moment.

bigfoot

Enlightened
I think I will be getting the new two-stage KX1 head to upgrade my old E1L when it comes out. Should make for a great light around camp with the long-running low mode.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
no no no! Now I want a new E2L! The output versus the runtime seems really decent! The new 2 stage E2L would make a good hiking light... hmm...

No I have to restrain myself... :)

This will never end. I guess It could have been worse, I could have been a smoker or spending alot of cash on bose etc which I dont.

Good thing they arent avaliable for a while anyway... pewh!

Numbers

Enlightened
No for me, for now.
Dont like the switch, output overlaps other lights I own, and it is getting a bit too long for EDC.
If I did not have an L1 and the new/old KX2 then probably yes.

rtt

Enlightened
I have a E1B and the beam is pure white. I will wait for reviews to see if the new KL2 has the same white beam. If it does I would consider getting one. The E1B on low is supposed to be 5 lumens, which I find to be too much output. I would like the 3 lumen output.

tim003

Newly Enlightened
There are 2 different running times for the new E2L on the SF website:
60 Lums/ 6 hrs 60 Lums/ 11 hrs
3 Lums/ 100 hrs 3 Lums/ 100 hrs

If the new E2L will run for 11 hrs instead of 6 hrs on high then I might consider to get it later.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have a E1B and the beam is pure white. I will wait for reviews to see if the new KL2 has the same white beam. If it does I would consider getting one. The E1B on low is supposed to be 5 lumens, which I find to be too much output. I would like the 3 lumen output.
You mean KX2.
The output colour/tint will be the same as it is now - same LED and TIR optic as the E1B, L1 and X300

If the new E2L will run for 11 hrs instead of 6 hrs on high then I might consider to get it later.
SureFire have revised their ratings for the new E1L and E2L - they'll likely find and update all the references on their .com
Even if they don't it's the ratings on the packaging of the actual flashlight that will be more definitive.

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
I'm absolutely in for 1 or 2. I love that 9hr runtime on the current E2L cree

And now a 2 level, 3lm low and slow and a 60lm high sounds like that A2 led a few posters were looking for. Slap a diffuser on that bad boy and this light sounds like a winner to me :paypal:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast

I suspect that 6hrs runtime figure is a typo from the spec on the old E2L LUXEON model (30 lumens) which is still available from several dealers. The old single level Cree version at 45 lumens might end up with a better run time chart than the new Cree 60 lumens two level E2L, but the difference probably won't be that great, and you'll have the very long runtime on Low if you get into a crunch.

Qoose

Enlightened
I'll be a rebel.

I hate the new versions. I disliked the E1B, and these new heads on the E1L and E2L. Multi click lights just drive me away.

I wished they sold a variety of tailcaps for the L1. I was thinking of modding my L1 tailcap for an ultra low, but I decided against it and am waiting for the UA2. Main reason was that I wanted a floody low-low, not a low spot.

Talas

Newly Enlightened
I find that what I think is usually different than what I do... so in the CPF tradition, although I definitely don't "NEED" the new E2L (I have just about every other SF made) there's little doubt I'll be buying it... if nothing more than just to satisfy my curiosity and compare it with all the other versions I own... I hate that Surefire has so many new and desirable lights coming out this year... luckily we can usually count on them giving us plenty of time to save our pennies since they almost never seem to come out when they say they will.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may get a new KX2 to put on my cree E2L. Problem is, I'm equally as likely to buy a used KX1 with crappy tint and bad rings and send it off to Milkyspit for a really good time...