Need help ASAP!

generic808

Enlightened
I just received my Trustfire 3.6V 880mAh RCR123's today and put them into my 6P with a DX 6090 drop-in and it makes a hissing/buzzing sound when I turn it on. The 6090 is rated at 3V-18V so I'm wondering what this sound could be. I won't run it for more than 10 seconds for fear of frying the LED if the amperage is too high. Anyone?

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
See if it stop buzzing after running for about 30 seconds. If it burns out, you can get a replacement. It's normal for electronics to make a buzzing or hissing sound at high amperage.

generic808

Enlightened
Have you tried it with other types of batteries ??

Yes, I have. I usually run my 6P's and G2's on Surefire batteries. I use Ultrafire RCR's for my cheap lights but never had this problem before. I'm just concerned about frying my drop-in.

So after running them for 30 seconds, the hissing will either go away or I'll burn out? :ironic: That sucks!

Anyways, thanks for the replies. If anyone else experienced this before, please chime in. Thanks.

Marduke

Flashaholic
So after running them for 30 seconds, the hissing will either go away or I'll burn out? :ironic: That sucks!

Anyways, thanks for the replies. If anyone else experienced this before, please chime in. Thanks.

No, after 30 seconds, it should go away. It shouldn't burn out.

It's common for high power lights to make this sound.

generic808

Enlightened
Oh ok, thanks Marduke for clearing that up for me. I never had this problem with my UF RCR's so I was a little concerned. At least now I can rest at ease. Thanks again!