Olight T20 military vs. T1

Evan III

Newly Enlightened
Ok, It's a toss up, what would you guys pick the Olight military or the T1. I'm pretty fond of Olights, but I heard alot of good about the T1 also. With only 5 lumen difference in output, I just can't make up my mind.

What are your experences and what do you like or dislike about these to in comparison:confused:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never heard of the T20 Military, and judging by the lack of discussion around here I'd guess not many people have one. If the two lights are similar in output, then it boils down to the other things that you need and want in a light. The Olight has more modes which some people don't like or need. The T1 is a very simple light comparatively. I say if you have other Olights and like them, the the T20M will be fine. I'd choose the Fenix, though.

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Judging from what I've read alone, the Olight has 3 brightness levels, strobe and sos, where the T1 only has 2. If you need strobe and sos I'd say the T20 m. Have you checked out the T20 tactical? It's the cheapest of the 3 and has 5 brightness levels and would be my personal choice of the 3.

Evan III

Newly Enlightened
Ya I've looked at the T20 tac, but I like that the military has less modes. I don't really need strobe or SOS so that isn't really a consideration.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote goes to the T1. In a light that size I like to have a good amount of throw, and the T1 will fit that bill better than the T20....

jdong

Newly Enlightened
I'd go with the T1 for sheer quality-of-build, T20-M for features.

It's kinda hard to give a hands-down preference to either. They're both great lights.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really the choice is throw vs size. The T1, with its larger reflector, can throw further, but the T20M is 9mm shorter. They're both build like tanks, and amazingly bright. The T20M does have brighter spill though.

RecycledElectron

Newly Enlightened
I'd go with the T20M vs the T1. I have a T20 Q5 and love it. The strobe and SOS features of the T20M are only accessible if you call them. Otherwise it functions as a 3 level light, 7/60/220 lumen light. Pretty good.

That being said, I find the 120 lumen setting on my T20 to be quite useful, so if I were to buy another, it would be the T20 tactical. Sometimes 220 lumen is just too much, but 60 is not quite enough.

I don't have a T1 to compare in the field, but I'm not sure that it will out throw the Olight in practical usage due to the Olight's beam shape. The larger head of the T1 would make it harder to EDC. Just my opinion, my T20 Q5 goes with me everywhere I go, day or night.