some new led spotlights...

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's the first multi-Cree light I've seen in a 'normal' store. I'm looking forward to seeing tri/quad Crees/SSC's in a standard torch format!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the first time I have heard anything about these! They sure look interesting :whistle: Hopefully this will open the door to seeing more current-tech lights going mainstream...

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although, a part of me doesn't want them to, b/c up to now, I've been the only one with a 'beastly' quad-cree! =)

generic808

Enlightened
Wow, that Walmart one with the XR-E's looks like a winner! Hmm...I think I might just have to buy myself one :naughty: 530 lumens sounds pretty good to me!

ambientmind

Enlightened
here on cpf, lights like this have ben around for a while, and in smaller packages. i just thought it was really cool to see these types of lights being available to the general public in "brick and mortar" stores. i think its a huge move in the right direction, think if us flashaholics could walk into a store and buy a 1000lm led retina burner! nice! but then again, what would we have to tinker with? oh yeah, we would take it apart, put new leds and drivers in it, and then it would be 2000lm by then! ha ha ha.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the style of the Cabellas light. Too bad it does not use Cree's or SSC's. Could be nice to mod with SSC's.

oregon

Enlightened
Coleman Family Store has the Walmart one for $39.81
wwglen

The Coleman site also contradicts the Walmart advertisement saying runtime on a full charge is 1.5 hours vs 2.5 hrs per Walmart. Could be a typo but I wonder which is the correct runtime. I want one.

Nice find ambientmind. Thank you kindly.

oregon

Last edited:

ambientmind

Enlightened
The Coleman site also contradicts the Walmart advertisement saying runtime on a full charge is 1.5 hours vs 2.5 hrs per Walmart. Could be a typo but I wonder which is the correct runtime. I want one.

Nice find ambientmind. Thank you kindly.

oregon

you're welcome! i'm always on the lookout for something else to buy and mod!:naughty:

Dodge

Newly Enlightened
I like the user review on the first one....

"not as bright as a million watt light"

Noo ... I don't suppose it would be :laughing: