Phun 2D Physics sandbox

Chuck289

Enlightened
This is a really cool little program! I don't know if anyone has posted this yet. Its a simple drawing program with physics built in. You can adjust simple things like density, friction, and gravity. If you like building stuff and then knocking them down then you'll like this.
:laughing:

Here's a video sample showing what you can do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H5g9VS0ENM

And here's the link to download. It's a pretty small file.
http://www.acc.umu.se/~emilk/

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
That looks really cool, Chuck289 !

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

:twothumbs
_

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boo, no Mac version ... yet!

Time to pull out the Linux Virtual machine.

Otherwise, very nice find! :thumbsup:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good times... Have a made a couple fun demos.. This is basically a kids dream come true.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is sooo cool, now lets see who makes the first water flashlight.....:crazy:

but its runs really slow on my lappie, especially with all that water flowing around

Crenshaw

katsyonak

Enlightened
I guess so. It runs very well on my desktop PC with these specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 on ASUS P5B with 2 x 1GB Kingston 667Mhz RAM and MSI nVidia 7600GT 256MB RAM graphics card.

Chuck289

Enlightened
My laptop is almost 4 years old and it runs fine. I dont remember the specs on it exactly.

Crenshaw, I had the same problem with it running slow with water. Try clicking the 'simple water rendering' checkbox. It made it run waaay smoother on my comp.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My laptop is almost 4 years old and it runs fine. I dont remember the specs on it exactly.

Crenshaw, I had the same problem with it running slow with water. Try clicking the 'simple water rendering' checkbox. It made it run waaay smoother on my comp.

i figured out the problem, i was reeeeeaallly zoomed out, so i was spawning too much water at one go...:ohgeez:

this is so fun, but not easy to get used to..

plus using the touchpad on a laptop is a terrible way to play this, waiting on my slim mouse from Dx....

Crenshaw

worldedit

Enlightened
Is there a "how to" anywhere? I cant figure out how to make a closed chain or connect objects the way i want it.

Chuck289

Enlightened
I think there's a help button somewhere, either in one of the windows or in the file drop down menu.