Arcmania 3mm solitaire upgrade

Led75

Newly Enlightened
Any know what the out put on this upgrade is? How does it compare to the E0,s 5.5 lumen output?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ArcMania Super MJ LED 3mm upgrade for the Maglight Solitaire that I got at Lighthound. I must say it changed the pathetic beam on the stock Solitaire into a really fine little light. I am comparing the beams right now and it is as bright as my AAA Arc premium. The MJLED's beam is whiter. The Arc's beam is purplish. The Solitaire will let you focus the beam too. In my case, I already had a Solitaire that had been sitting around unused, so the price for the upgrade was reasonable. I would recommend it to anyone with a stock Solitaire.

see here for choosing an AAA light.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Yep, I agree. Runtime is shorter (3-4 hours?) but beam is a lot whiter. I like to add some diffusion film (satin scotch tape or something similar) to smooth out the beam a bit since it's a bit too spotty for a keychain light, but that is personal preference.

I would only do it if you alrady had a solitaire tho because I don't think it's worth the $ to buy it all new.

E0 is very similar to an Arc AAA CS, tho dimmer. Similar blue beam. Works well, just nasty tint.

12 hour runtime is hard to beat tho (alkaline too!).

Led75

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys! I have 3mm for my solitaire comming anyday from Lighthound............ cant wait to check it out : ) Btw...are lithiums batts ok to use with the upgrade?

Last edited:

bob4apple

Enlightened
"are lithiums batts ok to use with the upgrade?"

If you mean the 1.7 volt variety, I've used them in mine with
no harm. Any higher than that may cause instant permanent darkness.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Do you need to remove the reflector to use this upgrade???? Thanks.

No, it uses the stock reflector.

However, if you shave the bottom stub off the reflector, it helps eliminate the gap between the head and body which exists with the upgrade installed.

rooster.5

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Marduke,Thats what I was concerned about. The gap between the body and head. I'm gonna get started on it now. Thanks again!

Gatsby

Enlightened
I picked up one a few months ago and it is a nice upgrade, with a nice white beam and pretty good output. I'd agree it is brighter than my old ArcP and in the same range as a standard power 3 LED Peak Kilimanjaro - with a less blue beam (despite the snow leds).

I did add some Write Rite to the lens to smooth out the beam a touch but it is fine just the way it is. I also have two glow in the dark o rings filling the small gap which is a neat way to use that area for something helpful - but it is really fine without it.

If you have a Solitaire hanging around it is a worthwhile upgrade and it's kind of cool that when it gets all scratched up for $5 you can have a new body in a bunch of different colors from your local Target.

rooster.5

Newly Enlightened
The glow in the dark o rings are an excellent idea Gatsby!!!! I think I can get these from lighthound. What size will I need??:twothumbs

Gatsby

Enlightened
The glow in the dark o rings are an excellent idea Gatsby!!!! I think I can get these from lighthound. What size will I need??:twothumbs

I can't take credit for the original idea - but it works nicely! I'll double check the size when I get home tonight and post it here.