Gerber Infinity Ultra-M

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mil spec version of the infinity.
Hardcoated, double o-ring, potted electronics and receded led to limit the amount of spill to avoid detection in the dark.

I don't have one but I've been thinking of getting a red one for a while now.

bspofford

Enlightened
This light has a very dim, off center, blue light. Most $1 - $3 keychain lights (or maybe a match) are more useful.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ultra-M has been discussed on CPF before and owners remarked that it has a more narrow beam than the floody civilian counterpart.

Saiga

Enlightened
I got one many months ago, and didn't like it,at first. It was so dim that i even posted here asking if this was normal or was mine screwed up. Turns out it's normal,for reasons already stated. My problem was i was checking it out with non-dark-adjusted eyes,just closed the bathroom door and said "this sucks".So i put it on my bedside for a midnight bathroom run,and was much more happy with it. In fact, it's what i now regualrly grab for those midnight bathroom runs.
I love the regular infinites,too, and just recently scarfed up a couple of these in red,also ( one for my brother). But, i've yet to tear them out of their packaging and compare them to the "M" version.

OceanView

Enlightened
I second what others have said. It's made with a military purpose in mind, which doesn't necessarily mesh well with our normal, everyday expectations of a flashlight. A regular Infinity would suit most folks much better than an Ultra-M.

83Venture

Enlightened
I got one in a combo-pack yesterday. Dead on arrival, could not get it to work no matter what battery I put in. The old infinity Ultra G Govt model I had felt like a lead pipe. This one felt more like Alumn foil. I did like the clip. Waiting for a RMA to send it back along with the three dead Sonics I got in the same shipment.

scottaw

Enlightened
Not to bash anyone here...but the CMG IU's were a much more solid light. Bright? Nope, but tough as nails. But i bought several of the non-military ones in white and red and toss them all over, nice and simple for non-flashaholics and 1AA can be found anywhere.