Rechargable ?'s

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
Okay so it's been a while since i was active with this site (a year or more) and my lumen addiction has returned!
I just recieved my BOG q5 drop-in for my G2 and absolutly love it!.. (no longer any sympathy for incans!)
My question is it's time for some battery purchasing and would like to know what to get and from where? I would also like to run my L2 Lumamax on rechargables too!.. Can I run either of these on rechargables? If so, where to buy and will i get a increase in performance (brightness,runtime) or a decrease with either one?
Probably need an additonal battery for my Orb Raw Ns and some normal cr-123's for back up... Can one store take care of all my needs????

I lurk here a lot lately but not sure on exactly what i need.. thanks guys/gals

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lighthound should be able to take care of your battery needs. The BOG can run on two 3.7v rcr123s. The L2 is a tricky one. Two rcr123s are dangerous for the emitter. If you can fit a 17670 in there it might work but you'd get less runtime and possibly less output on high. I'd recommend sticking to primaries with that one.

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
Okay, sounds like I asked that ? a couple years ago and the same answer... but wasn't sure with all the technology out there now... wow, just playing with my BOG q5 and holy cow!!!!
If i go with RCR in the g2.. do i lose performance or gain output and runtime? Also, who's got the best deal on the 123 primaries these days.. only used sanyo and surefire in the past.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a BOG unit (yet!) so I don't know how the cells affect performance. Flavio of BOG is a member here, and is good about answering questions and helping out. A PM to him will give you more info than I can. If you're heart is dead set on using rechargeables in that L2, you can have it modified by Milkyspit into an "ML2". That'll give you more output, longer runtime, different beam pattern, basically whatever you want. The only downside is cost.