• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: I need someone to build a custom light...

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
CLOSED! Thanks! I need someone to build a custom light...

I need someone to build a simple, complete, CR123/RCR123 twisty custom light for hard use in a dirty, watery, grimy environment. I prefer Titanium or Tungsten as the material used. I prefer UCL for the lens.

Drop me a line if you are interested!

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the TiPD-S, sounds perfect but you'll have to keep your eye on the secondary market as I don't think there are plans for a new run anytime soon, if ever.

Alternatively try Fred - PhotonFanatic, he has made a few dream lights a reality, Tranquility Base may also be up for it and he also makes wicked customs.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
For hard use light UCL would not be a good choice. Sapphire would be the way to go.

Mac

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
I know I am stating the obvious, but it sounds like a McLuxIII-T would suit your requirements perfectly. My best advice is to keep looking! They do appear for sale from time to time. Best of luck in your flashlight endeavor.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I was going to the trouble of having a custom twisty built, I would make sure that it was the kind of twisty which did NOT rely on conducting electricity through the threads to work. This is the Arc AAA, Peak, Jetbeam CLE type of "crush your battery" twisty; and dirt, etc. on the threads is a primary mode of inconsistent function in this type of light. They are reliable if you keep the threads clean, but it does take that extra work.

I would instead specify the kind of twisty where the battery is spring loaded and primary contact is made between the end of the body and a contact ring (either on the PCB or at the tail switch). The contact point is well inside the light, better protected from contaminants, and easy to clean. Twisties of this type include the Fenix LOD-xx, the Civictor, the recent Gerber Infinity Ultra (tail twisty), the Fenix PID-xx (I think...) and others.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to everyone for the replies and the suggestions. I'm interested in going in a different direction than the Ti PD/Twisty lights. Been there, done that, time to move on. I'm looking for something much more custom. I've got a tax return begging to be used.

nerdgineer: Many, many thanks for the advice.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's give this another poke, shall we? Any makers want to build a small simple twisty 6/4 light that I can EDC? I've got a stimulus check sitting, ready to save the US economy.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I would probably choose an Inova X5 or Surefire G2 for your work conditions, but if I had money to burn, I guess I would insist on Ti as well. :whistle:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's give this another poke, shall we? Any makers want to build a small simple twisty 6/4 light that I can EDC? I've got a stimulus check sitting, ready to save the US economy.

I would check with photonfanatic. I'm pretty sure he does one-off lights.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could I recommend something like the Nitecore Defender Infinity for looks, but with a 1-piece body, Stainless Steel body, and made for higher power cells than a AA? I could most likely have it machined at a local shop, provided I can get the design from my head to a CAD drawing. I'd set it up with a Q5 or R2 Cree, and a decent driver. My preference is a forward-clicky, but I could redesign for a twisty. Not going to be cheap though ;)

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTTT! I still have something very specific in mind for this and I'm still looking for a maker...