• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LongBow PR Head Kit (Blk) **Withdrawn**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groundhog66

Banned
Includes PR Head, Reflector and Lens. This unit screws onto Longbow lights, gives it a little TURBO. I bought it from the Shoppe a few days ago, decided I don't need it after all. WITHDRAWN until I can get clarification (see posts 6 & 7)

Reflector had rough edges at the base, so I got it replaced. This head is NEW and UNUSED.

DSC02015.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LongBow PR Head Kit (Blk)

A great addition to Longbow lights, had a few myself. Great price as these are rare. Happy selling!

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does this head work on longbows with McCapsules, or stock longbows. Because In my experience the Mccapsules hold the LEDs higher.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Does this head work on longbows with McCapsules, or stock longbows. Because In my experience the Mccapsules hold the LEDs higher.

The PR reflector that comes with the PR Longbow head is cut down to be used with the stock Longbow capsule. To use the head with a McCapsule you will need to use a standard PR/McR-27 reflector.

The LED sits at the same height withe both capsules, just the McCapsule itself is shorter so the Longbow PR reflector will not sit against it & will move around in the head.

Groundhog66

Banned

The PR reflector that comes with the PR Longbow head is cut down to be used with the stock Longbow capsule. To use the head with a McCapsule you will need to use a standard PR/McR-27 reflector.

The LED sits at the same height withe both capsules, just the McCapsule itself is shorter so the Longbow PR reflector will not sit against it & will move around in the head.

I just tried it on my MilkyModded LongBow Micra and it works just fine, nice and tight:duh2:. I will take your word for it that it may not work on all, but it works on both configurations I have.:confused:

Edit - I think I feel safer pulling this from sale, I would hate for it not to work for someone else.

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

I just tried it on my MilkyModded LongBow Micra and it works just fine, nice and tight:duh2:. I will take your word for it that it may not work on all, but it works on both configurations I have.:confused:

Edit - I think I feel safer pulling this from sale, I would hate for it not to work for someone else.

There's two different reflectors that the Longbow PR head uses which depends on which capsule you are using. The stock Longbow capsule is thicker than the McCapsule but the LEDs still sit at the same height.

Since the stock Longbow capsule is thicker, it will need to be used with a shortened McR-27 reflector. For use with a McCapsule, an unmodified McR-27 reflector needs to be used.

So which capsule your head works with all depends on which reflector you used as a replacement.

Img_0486.jpg

(I wish this was a HA-Natural head, I wish I had another.)

Status
Not open for further replies.