Night-Ops Gladius/ Insight H2x Typhoon

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
I've been thinking about getting one of these bad boys. I was wondering if anyone had one and had some advice. I'm interested in the Insight H2X part 2 with the 180 lumen output. The Insight is actually cheaper than the Gladius even though Insight makes it. I guess if you want the Gladius name you need to pay a lot more just for the name. I was wondering if the UI really was as easy as they make it seem in the advertisements. I've seen some new ones for 150 on ebay and I've been considering whether or not to get one.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe when people start buying their Surefire Optimus and Invictus, you might find some Gladius/Insights for sale in B/S/T, some probably even modded with the Seoul LED already.

The Gladius/Insight is a great light by itself, but it could do with a LED upgrade (as some people have done) to one of the latest LEDs, like a Seoul or Cree.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
Maybe when people start buying their Surefire Optimus and Invictus, you might find some Gladius/Insights for sale in B/S/T, some probably even modded with the Seoul LED already.

The Gladius/Insight is a great light by itself, but it could do with a LED upgrade (as some people have done) to one of the latest LEDs, like a Seoul or Cree.

Yeah, I totally understand what you mean but now they have an upgrade for the LED and its output has been increased to 170 versus its original output of 80. I can see tons of similarities between the new SF's coming out but I don't know if I can wait that long for it to come out.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last I heard, the Gladius is not made by Insight. Insight's Typhoon is a licensed copy.

I had a Typhoon 2 and the LED burned out...Have to send it back to get it fixed. That caused some concern in terms of long term reliability with the Insight light.

The interface is super easy and works as described.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
I was under the impression that Insight was the maker. I looked at it this way; I have a M6X and the box has Streamlight's name on it but the M6X unit was developed by Insight. If you look at the newer M6X's the box no longer has Streamlight's name on it. Instead it says Insight Technologies. I figured that this was one of the premier Flashlights from Blackhawk that they didn't have a dedicated R&D team to develop it so they did what steamlight did and have Insight Tech. do all the work and then Market it as their own. While Insight used the same flashlight but used a different name to market it since the Gladius name was the name Blackhawk gave to theirs.