Fenix Store - fantastic deal

mark33

Newly Enlightened
Ive just ordered a Fenix Digital P1D Olive Premium Q5 direct from Fenix Store which came with free world wide shipping :twothumbs

Very impressed with that. It works out very cheap for us in the UK as the $ is only worth £1! Half price :p

If the torch is as good as it looks then I think some more ordering will be on the cards.

Anybody else have one of these? What are they like?

Cheers

Mark

wild68fury

Newly Enlightened
I have the P1D-ce and it is great. The Q5 gives you 45 more lumens with the same battery life.

Enjoy your new torch!

:welcome:

mark33

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome

Do you think it would run on a rechargable CR123 3V? Its not an issue if it will not as the price was such a deal I can afford to buy a few batteries now :D

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It works out very cheap for us in the UK as the $ is only worth £1! Half price

If the price was over £18.50 - Don't forget about VAT, oh and import duty, oh and the post office charge, for collecting the above money on behalf of Customs...........:crackup:

On the otherhand it may just go through with out being looked at:whistle:

Alec

Newly Enlightened
If the price was over £18.50 - Don't forget about VAT, oh and import duty, oh and the post office charge, for collecting the above money on behalf of Customs...........:crackup:

Interesting, I got stung for the first time on my order for a L0D-CE Q4 last week. Only cost £22.44, but the red label was demanding £11.76 (£3.7 duty plus £8 handling fee) - criminal! But was delivered to work address, not sure if the extra was ever paid or not, I suspect it was quietly ignored.

Have never been caught for anything before, not even my previous order for a L2D-CE RB100, diffuser & bike mount, which came to over double this order.

Either way, can't agree with you enough about how good these lights are!

The L2D-CE RB100 is phenomenally bright, and works brilliantly (literally) as a bike light.

At the other extreme, I wasn't going to bother with the tiny L0D-CE as I already have an L1T v2, but glad I did, as the thing is tiny & super bright for its size, so just lives in my pocket. For the odd bit of use it gets every day or so, the 45 min-ish battery life is no problem at all.

So the poor old L1T, whilst being a cracking light, sits rather neglected in between these two.

mark33

Newly Enlightened

Yes that may well be true but the fact that Fenix has offered free international shipping has pleased me enougth to buy one from them. VAT etc has always been a factor when ordering overseas but with the $ being very weak its still remains attractive to me!

Abumustafa

Enlightened
I just ordered a Olight T10 Q5 from Fenix-store afew days ago first order from fenix hope it goes through with out a problem , an anotha Qs for you fellow brits how long does it take for shipping from fenix i mean how many days until you recieved yours :sssh:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
youre going to absolutely love the P1D-CE Q5, I think people here have probably already gotten tired of me constantly saying how much i love that little light. :devil:

dont forget to look into it and turn it on, that way you can fully appreciate how bright it is....:nana:
(just kidding, dont, shine it at a far away object)

in a phrase, "its ungodly bright"

it was my edc till i started carrying the NDI, but i still have it it with my 99% of the time anyway..99.9% infact...

The only thing ive missed out on so far is the olive finish, do please post a picture when you get it? ive been wondering how the olive look in the P1D

final piece of advice, try to get your hands on a Leef body with McClicky for this baby, sure the colour wont match, but it makes one hell of a light.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

mark33

Newly Enlightened
youre going to absolutely love the P1D-CE Q5, I think people here have probably already gotten tired of me constantly saying how much i love that little light. :devil:

dont forget to look into it and turn it on, that way you can fully appreciate how bright it is....:nana:
(just kidding, dont, shine it at a far away object)

in a phrase, "its ungodly bright"

it was my edc till i started carrying the NDI, but i still have it it with my 99% of the time anyway..99.9% infact...

The only thing ive missed out on so far is the olive finish, do please post a picture when you get it? ive been wondering how the olive look in the P1D

final piece of advice, try to get your hands on a Leef body with McClicky for this baby, sure the colour wont match, but it makes one hell of a light.

Crenshaw

Hi - will certainly post pics when I get it through - by the way what the hell is a leef body with a McClicky?

mark33

Newly Enlightened
Oh I see - nice. I guess it would look a bit strange with an olive drab light head though. Would buy one if they brought out an olive one.

crocodilo

Enlightened
Even black on black doesn't make a perfect match between the P1D5 and the Leef body, so I went all the way and got a raw Al body: the result is a fantastic flashlight with a strange look, but not in a negative way, since you'll get black on two ends, the head and the switch.

I would gladly carry this combo even if it was in different shades of pink!

fluke

Enlightened
I just ordered a Olight T10 Q5 from Fenix-store afew days ago first order from fenix hope it goes through with out a problem , an anotha Qs for you fellow brits how long does it take for shipping from fenix i mean how many days until you recieved yours :sssh:

Depends on what day its shipped, but for me its never been longer than 6 days total.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P1D Q5 is one of the most awesome lights ever made. Ton of lumens. Tiny package. Common battery. Not spendy. A+ customer service from fenix-store with free shipping. Not that long ago, no one would have dreamed of such a thing.

Smellster

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

Just to give you an idea for shipping time from Fenix Store I ordered a Fenix T1 Olive with free shipping to the UK on the 12th and received it on the 27th.

Unfortunately (but very honestly I guess) they put the actual value on the outside so I would have been stung for £6.27 VAT plus £8.00 handling fee ifr I hadn't have been so friendly with the postman. Certainly worth giving him a bottle of wine at Xmas! Great torch though.

I've also had good experiences ordering a P1D CE Q5 from www.fenixtorch.co.uk recently they can't compete price wise but I received the torch next day.

Hope this helps.

Cemoi

Enlightened
Questions about this light:
  1. Does it have the same protection against accidental activation (e.g. when packing it in a backpack) by unscrewing the tail cap 1/2 turn, like the L1T did?
  2. In general mode, when you turn it on, it goes on in the Low level. To turn it off, do you have to cycle through all other levels (-->Medium-->High) before it actually goes off?
  3. Does it have a memory, so that when you turn it back on, it starts at the last level used?

Dodge

Newly Enlightened
I bought a L0D-CE from them recently. With the CPF8 deal (and PayPal's crap exchange rate) it came out at £22.05, or just under £6 cheaper than buying in the UK.

Then I got stung for £3 VAT and £8 "customs collection charge". :shakehead

Won't be doing that again...

Not sure it has anything to do with the postman - they don't collect charges anymore, just deliver an "extortion due" card for you to pay online.

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
Yes that may well be true but the fact that Fenix has offered free international shipping has pleased me enougth to buy one from them. VAT etc has always been a factor when ordering overseas but with the $ being very weak its still remains attractive to me!
The customs thing isn't quite a lottery. Every order I have had from Photon has attracted a charge - maybe because they're honest God-fearing folk, whereas others (I won't name them) put a lower value on the customs form.