Brinkmann 1 watt now stock with SSC

ufcritter

Newly Enlightened
Long time lurker, first time poster. I just got back from Walmart with a new Brinkmann 1 Watt 2AA light after noticing something odd about the LED. All of the newly stocked 2AA 1Watts have SSC LEDs installed:grin2: I'll post more once I get a chance to disassemble it. Unfortuantely, it as a plastic reflector and lens, but for $14 and some change, it's not bad. Side by side it appears brighter than the Romisen G2 I had sitting in the car (mind you this is during daylight hours).

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, ufcritter. :welcome:

How about a photo or a link to the new light? I haven't see them in our local Target store yet.

ufcritter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well, I got a chance to sit down and screw it apart to check out the guts. It has a step up circuit to drive the SSC LED with only 2AA batteries. The build quality is OK but nothing too nice. Its a little less than the minimag 2AA as far as fit and finish but roughly the same size.

I have to say I am quite surprised that brinkmann choose to build a decent 2AA SSC LED light. It only advertises 1W on the package, but I suspect it maybe more just based on how bright it appears against some other lights. I did notice some of the other ones were Luxeon so it may just be reuse of old packaging. I'll be able to take pictures and stuff once I get home.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Brinkmann 1W with SSC, but its not a P4. It is an older LED. SSC made other LED's before the P4 that look similar.

Latest posts