Coleman LED flashlight?

Ziva2006

Newly Enlightened
Ok folks, newbie flashaholic here. Been searching and browsing the forums here for a little while. Which BTW has great information and learning capabilities. (Thanks to the folks that respond to dumb erm.. good questions on this site :ohgeez:)

Long story short, I found a flashlight made by Coleman :duh2: with Cree XLamp XR-E LED's (165 lumen), multiple modes (hi, low, emergency strobe, and momentary), and five 3mm red LED's for night vision use. Uses two CR123a cells.

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=4347-712&categoryid=1110

They even have a smaller version that uses one CR123a primary cell, with 115 lumen.

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=4347-711&categoryid=1110

Thought it could end up being a good all around flashlight. Maybe even good enough that the other half wont always insist on using my NovaTac. :rolleyes:

So, I am curious if anyone has any experience, knowledge with, and or even opinions on these two flashlights. Looks like it could be worth checking out. I look forward to reading your replies.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
There was a comment made a while ago by a member who is an industry insider or member of the trade... to keep on the look out for coleman and other main-stream brands using Cree emitters. This is the first I've seen from them.

nice indeed, although I wonder what the beam pattern would look like with that reflector? A well regulated XR-E with 2x123 cells behind it will emit a LOT of light, but thats only half the story.

that small one looks sharp!!

Abumustafa

Enlightened
Hey Firstly:welcome: Hmm that looks pretty cool, neva heard of it before first i seen it, am sure some1 will chime in with more info on this light! :thumbsup:

GreySave

Enlightened
I have one of these coming to me at some point in the not too distant future. I will post information about it as soon as it arrives and I have a chance to try it out.

I did speak with a Coleman Rep and if memory serves me correctly these lights have the typical cree beam pattern. Hopefully the lantern attachment will also be shipped and I will discuss that as well.