Vote for the next purchase!

IcantC

Enlightened
So I have been wanting the following.
1) DBS V2
2) SF M6:cool:
3) SF Invictus

A few things, I guess I do not really need the throw of the DBS. Secondly the SF compared to the DBS, how is the throw? I guess trying to figure out how well the M6 throws/floods. I have read many posts here and looked at pictures. I do have a ROP High/low so hope the M6 does not disappoint. I hope someone who has them can let me know.

Or I could save the $$$ and wait for the new Invictus?

Valolammas

Enlightened
Well, I have zero experience with any of those lights, but since you asked for votes... Personally, I'd get the M6. It won't be obsolete next year.

I never really "got" the M6 until I saw a pic of some guy holding one and realized how small it is (compared to a 2D Mag). From the beamshots I've seen, I'd hazard a guess that it has a bit more spill than an ROP, but I've never seen one in person, so I could be wrong.

IcantC

Enlightened
I actually like the M6, but never have used or held one. I see FM is going to be making 3x17670 battery holders, which would make it easily rechargeable! I also like Incans color better outdoors than LED.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you own a ROP Hi, then it is possible that the M6 may disappoint. It is less powerful than a good ROP mod. However, in terms of performance-to-size ratio, the M6 has the edge.

As for the Invictus, I cannot bring myself to trust such a high density of complicated electronics. The more I read about these new-fangled electronics, the more I appreciate my direct-driven Lummi Raw Ti.

The DBS V2, I have no experience with.

...so, my vote goes to the M6. Actually, on RCR cells with the right bulb, I think you can make it brighter than the ROP. Nice!

cal..45

Enlightened
A few things, I guess I do not really need the throw of the DBS....

trust me you WILL need and love that throw, once the light is in your hands and you fire it up the very first time and enlighten things 150+ meters away.

the DBS is modular built and therefore upgradebale when newer/better emitters hit the market by middle to end of this year. I can't tell you about the two surefire lights, but I got my DBS V2 about two weeks ago and its really an impressive flashlight, so I highly recommed it.

regards, holger

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to vote for the DBS :nana: It offers the most for the $$ out the three. The M6 will be similar to your ROP, sacrificing some throw for more spill in comparison. The DBS can easily be upgraded by swapping a new pill into it when the time comes.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, rather than the Invictus (not available for a while)... I'd suggest the UA2 Optimus as something worthy of spending some mula on. Having the ability to focus from spot to flood with multiple light levels makes for a mighty handy little light.

IcantC

Enlightened
Thanks for all your input guys, keep it coming!

So far here is what I had
SF M6
Pros
Lifetime warranty
Reliable company, easy warranty claims, not some company that sprouted overnight.
Bright
Rugged
Can use primaries or rechargeables
Incan

Cons
Almost twice the price of the DBS
As bright as my ROP

DBS
Pros
Upgradeable
Half the price of M6
Great/best thrower
Great reviews
Good CS from Alan.
Good bang for $$$

Cons
Cannot take primaries(this helps in power outages or when on the road)
PWM noise reported, switch problems reported(though not everyone has these problems)
New company, don't know if they will be still around 2 years from now.

Does anyone have both the DBS and M6? If so please comment on the throw comparison between the two.

Thanks!

IcantC

Enlightened
Welll too late, I got the M6 :D. I would have gotten the DBS, if I could still get the R2... I don't like color rendition of LED outdoors so the M6 should do me plenty good. :D

Now please feel free to donate unused CR123s to me :naughty:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welll too late, I got the M6 :D. I would have gotten the DBS, if I could still get the R2... I don't like color rendition of LED outdoors so the M6 should do me plenty good. :D

Now please feel free to donate unused CR123s to me :naughty:
Good choice,now get a DBS Q5 and compare for yourself :D

Oh BTW I only have 18650's "so sorry" no can do :grin2:

IcantC

Enlightened
Good choice,now get a DBS Q5 and compare for yourself :D

Oh BTW I only have 18650's "so sorry" no can do :grin2:

I still plan to! I have beeb following the DBS since it first came out. Too bad I missed out on the R2. If there were R2's in stock, I would have grabbed one! Now by the time I buy one, there might be some new LED :D.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still plan to! I have beeb following the DBS since it first came out. Too bad I missed out on the R2. If there were R2's in stock, I would have grabbed one! Now by the time I buy one, there might be some new LED :D.
You are right,a new pill maybe on the horizon as we sp:popcorn:eak:whistle: keep watching :)