NearIR headlamp obscures faces

Beastmaster

Enlightened
This is a strange one - it involves LED's, Headlamps, mods, flashlights in general, and security cameras. So - the mods can move it to wherever they see fit, since I can't really figure out where this should belong in.

Some enterprising person decided to take a headlamp, do a mod to it where they added nearIR LED's to it, and uses it to obscure their faces to security cameras.

The only bad part - you're this walking lightbulb to the security folks. I love the idea though. I may do that and test it out at my workplace. We have a mix of older cameras and newer ones that run over an IP based network...(the IP camera setup my project, so I can do this and not attract too much attention).

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/23/diy-ir-headgear-repels-security-cameras-attracts-security/

-Steve

IcantC

Enlightened
Wait till they use this when robbing places with no one monitoring cameras :/.

How would this work, say to a night vision camera? Would the face still be glowing?

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Wait till they use this when robbing places with no one monitoring cameras :/.

How would this work, say to a night vision camera? Would the face still be glowing?

Hehe....I've been slowly stockpiling 350nm nearIR LED's. I'm going to ring my house and some primary rooms with these LED's, and force anyone using night vision to come in with Mod 1, Mark 0 eyeball. Oh, yeah, there's a battery back up too. Two Optima Yellow Tops will run these LED's for MONTHS!

It would bloom the night vision. Even with the random fast gating that Gen IV uses will still eventually be overwhelmed by it.

-Steve