SF Backup & F04 diffuser

Rich

Newly Enlightened
Maybe this is old news, but the F04 diffuser works nicely on my SF E1B Backup. The F04 can slide about half way up the beveled section. Here are a couple of pics.
I added a little gaffer's tape to the tail piece to make it easier to hold with my teeth.

Backup with gaffer's tape on the tail piece

Backup with F04 diffuser

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the F04 diffuser as well for my E1B. It makes the beam must more practical for most tasks. In the event I would need more throw, I can just remove it. For around the house, the F04 is great. It also offers added protection for the E1B, and it's a fairly inexpensive accessory.

mspeterson

Enlightened
+1, the FO4 is a great accessory for the Backup and many other lights, like the HDS/Novatec, LS series, PD, etc... You can also pop the lens out of the F04 and use it that way; on some lights you can stick one on each end (HDS,LS)...

Rich

Newly Enlightened
When I placed an order, by phone with a flashlight store, for an E1B I asked if the F04 would work on the E1B. The answer was "No". Then it turned out after I placed the order, the store said they had over sold the E1B and it would be several days before they get more in if I wanted to wait. I let the order stand, but found an E1B at my local indoor range. I don't mind having two E1Bs.

When I got the E1B home I tried the F04 and found it fits nicely. It would be really nice if SF wanted to make a version of the F04 that is a little more slim and doesn't have the flats.

Rich

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
INOVA TIROS lights & F04 diffuser?

Will the Surefire F04 diffuser fit on the older (TIROS) series Inova T1 and T2? If so, the F04 might smooth out the concentric rings.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the bezel's OD are 1", then they'll fit.

Edit: The Inova website lists the T1's diameter at 1". If the older versions are the same, then it should work fine.

Last edited:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: INOVA TIROS lights & F04 diffuser?

Will the Surefire F04 diffuser fit on the older (TIROS) series Inova T1 and T2? If so, the F04 might smooth out the concentric rings.

It'll do more than smooth out concentric rings. It makes almost any light, not matter how tight a spot, a complete wall of light.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who manufacture this F04 diffuser ?
Can I buy it in the net ? Where ??

WDR65

Enlightened
Its a Surefire accessory. I get most of mine for around $8, but I think the MSRP is about $11. It fits all the E series heads as well as the L1, L2, L4. As for where to buy it, I think Brightguy, LA Police Gear, OpticHQ and most others will have them in stock.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the F04. It makes the E1B seem more like an L4 and can be easily removed for throw.
:thumbsup:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FO4 is a wonderful accesory that I think every one of us should own. I have had one for over a year now and have used it on all kinds of different lights. I have yet to see a beam that the FO4 couldn't COMPLETELY smooth out! :twothumbs

greenstuffs

Banned
Here is my diffuser it's a spoon from baby mix heheh fits nicely to L1/E1B novatac got a bunch of these. Cheap and looks nice.

CIMG0628.jpg

CIMG0630.jpg

prime77

Enlightened
It's good to hear that the F04 fits the Backup good. I use it with my L1 all the time. Heres a before and after pic.

Picture3183Small.jpg

Picture3185Small.jpg

Rich

Newly Enlightened
why is it such a surprise that it would fit? its a 1 inch bezel, and surprise the F04 fits ANYTHING thats got a 1 inch bezel.

I was glad to find does fit, but I was surprised to hear from the fellow at the on-line flashlight store that it wouldn't. Apparently the E1B isn't listed as a fit with the F04. I'm guessing it is because the flat (straight) section of the bezel is relatively short. compared to a light like the L1. Fortunately, the F04 can slide up the inclined part of the bezel and works just fine.

Last night I used the F04 on the E1B Backup to help a friend find a small screw she dropped on a large section of blacktop. The wide, smooth beam made it easy to find the small screw.

Rich

Last edited:

Rich

Newly Enlightened
Here's a pic of the Surefier E1B Backup and my old SF L1 showing the differences in the bezels.