does anyone else have this surefire ?

Elton

Newly Enlightened
well it was my moms but ive been useing it for awhile she won it a few years back i dont think ive seen one here yet im guessing its pretty much a 6p
Picture037.jpg

optodoofus

Newly Enlightened
ahhh i see nothing special then thanks guys :thumbsup:

Depends on your perspective. I consider my 6P special. But then it was my first "real" flashlight, so I have a sentimental connection to it.

optodoofus

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I like the round head. Hex head is ugly, though it does keep light from rolling. Round head is easy to place in bezel down carry holsters. Best thing about hex head is the Pyrex window.

Bill

eshishlo

Newly Enlightened
I didn't know that SF made round bezel D2's! It seems like there is a gap between the bezel and the body. Is that a permanent gap or is the bezel just not screwed down all the way?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
where is there a "round" body? Or, better, in what way are actual models different from the one shown?
One can see that flat part where the description is - as is now.

the "original" 6P also features that way nicer round head (without gap of course) and no descrition on the body (= totally round)
the clicky tailcap is not original

awjbce4pc1s1vml56.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you give SureFire a call I'm sure they'll send you a replacement pocketclip for it.

As for the bezel and TailCap - these are Classic parts (the TailCap does not LockOut does it?) and I wasn't aware that the D2 was released with these components.... Seems really quite odd to me. Seems to have been build.

Was this flashlight purchased New In Box?

Elton

Newly Enlightened
the bezel will screw down more to where theres barley a gap and it was brand new in the box when she won it at the raffle also the tail cap does lock out

Elton

Newly Enlightened
hehe it dont look like that in the pic now it has a few more scratches and chips which make it look like its been used :thumbsup:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I can only assume it was made before or early during the transition to 2001 when the LOTC was introduced across the range and the TailCap and body style changed through the knurling being bordered by shallow channels. At the same time the bezel was changed to the anti-roll hex style.

So the switch contact inside that TailCap is retained - it does not 'fall out' ?

Elton

Newly Enlightened
im guessing u mean the allen head bolt that holds the switch assembly in place ?