• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale: ARC mania SF-V. Quantity Zero (was two)... both are SPF

qarawol

Enlightened
Hello All,

Don't miss your chance now for these may never be available again!!!

For anyone that missed out on the SF-V sale… here is your chance to get one. These are the newer ones with the most recent 6-die Ostar 1000 lumen LED four cell (4 x CR123) version (additional $$ was needed to upgrade the first run). I had one of these listed (not the blink mode option) on eBay, it is of the same breed. See eBay link below.

I do have two of the SF-V's available. One is on hand and the other is still awaiting final payment. After buying my SF-V's and showing some friends and co-workers, they too wanted one and I asked ARC mania to put aside a few after placing a deposit.

Well it's been too long, for me at least, and I don't want MJ to wait much more. Two co-workers are not able to come up with the balance of funds so I am offering them here.

These are both the 3 level with beacon. Almost like SOS but not quite. Three blinks, pause, three blinks… repeat. The four levels were Low, Med, High and Turbo. These three levels w/beacon are Low, Med/High, Turbo and beacon. The max output on both is the same. The blink mode versions were not part of the presale and were not offered. On the four level versions, you cannot readily tell the difference from level two or three without a light meter. Yet the three level mode, you can clearly see all the levels distinctly. These were made in limited quantities, less then the four level one.

Here are a few beam shots, should you not have seen them before, compared to other known Flashlights, All camera settings are the same.

Dark…

Dark.jpg

Maglite 3D…

Maglite3D.jpg

Surefire 6P w/P60 lamp…

Surefire6PP60Lamp.jpg

SF-V level one…
SF-VLevel1.jpg

SF-V TURBO…

SF-VLevelTurbo.jpg

Dark…

Dark6sec.jpg

SF-V TURBO… The house is approximately 150' away, 50' wide and 18' high to eve. That house also sits 25' lower then the grass level.

SF-V6sec.jpg

More info and beam shots can be found here…
http://customlightfactory.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58
here…
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/160078&highlight
and here (eBay listing)…
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270186388800&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=017

Lighthound had these listed at $899.99 link… http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3085&HS=1

Battery options: 4 x CR123, 4 x RCR123, 2 x 17670 and 2 x AA with adapter. Yes! that is right... two AA batteries with an adapter can run this Flashlight for a long time. Low output only when using 2 x AA batteries. Batteries and/or adapter not included.

A test has been done using 2 x 17670's, and it ran at constant brightness (low) for 6.5 hours. Look how bright low is!!!

Using 4 x RCR123's draws 130mA (low) and with a battery rating of 750mAh that would give it a run time of around 5.75 hours
Med draws 230mA for a 3+ hour run
High draws 340mA for a 2+ hour run
TURBO 1.4A for a total intermittent use of aprox 1/2 hour

Primary 123's @ 1400mAh rating would run the SF-V on low (170mAh draw) for a WHOPPING 8+ hours.
Med draws 320mA for a 4+ hour run
High draws 510mA for a 2.5+ hour run
TURBO draws 1.9A for a total intermittent use of aprox 3/4 hour

I mainly use TURBO as a WOW factor. Even at five minutes, that's more then enough time to do something that needs that much light. I mainly use low, for the amount of light it puts out, it can handle most every task I need to use a Flashlight for. Low seems just as bright as the Surefire L2 on High. L2 high = 1 hour... SF-V low = 8+ hours (using primaries)

With those numbers, the loss in efficiency in the converter is negligible when used on the low to high setting. How many other Flashlights put out as much light as a Surefire L2 on high (100 lumen) and runs for over 6 to 8 hours??? (based on battery).

I have used the SF-V on TURBO with RCR123's and it ran for over ten minutes without shutdown. I turned it off myself for that amount of light is rarely needed.

Prices...

**SPF**The SF-V that ARC mania is holding… $812.00 shipped worldwide via EMS. **SPF**

**SPF** The SF-V I have now... 805.00 shipped USPS Priority Mail within the USA. International, most locations, $7.00 more shipped International Priority Mail Flat Rate. **SPF**

These are a bit more $$ then the four level ones due to the limited number made. All the ones ARC mania sold were the four level and only had less then a handful of these three level ones.

For the one still on hold by ARC mania, you can send the payment directly to him (PayPal only), PM me for his PayPal address, or you can also send me a paper payment and I will send him the payment via PayPal if you do not use PayPal.

I accept, PayPal (CASH or Credit Card, no fees - cash PayPal preferred by me) & Money Orders. CASH PayPal address qarawol2 at yahoo dot com (you know what to do, or ask). Omit the '2' for funding by credit card.
Keep in mind that, that is a 'Q' and not a 'G' in qarawol.

First I'll Take It applies. Insurance extra, not responsible if lost after mailing.

Note: I do have a four level one that I EDC. It does have its VERY MINOR scuffs, nothing major. If interested in that one, post here for should I sell it, I will have to remove the three level that I have in hand listed above for I still need one to EDC.

Don't miss out. You have to see one live to know its power.

Njoy…

Last edited:

qarawol

Enlightened
Re: For Sale: ARC mania SF-V. Quantity Two

You still have people interested in your first thread where I thought these sold????

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/183109

Mac

Hi Mac,

The link for the two SF-V's, you posted above, were from an eairlier sales thread I had and both did sell. Both are sold as stated on the title/header. This sale is for two more that became available. See post #15 on the link above. I just copied the bulk of the thread for this new sale for it was much easier and the Flashlights are the same.

PM's have been sent to the ones that showed interest on the last SF-V sales thread.

Njoy...

Last edited:

sorgun

Newly Enlightened
Re: For Sale: ARC mania SF-V. Quantity One (was two)... one is SPF

I'll take it. The one Mike has. I do not dare to wait until the 15th. My wife might kill me, but I have a good life insurance:crackup:. Pleease send me PP instructions. Bread and water for the rest of the month:mecry:.

Regards
Gunnar

qarawol

Enlightened
I'll take it. The one Mike has. I do not dare to wait until the 15th. My wife might kill me, but I have a good life insurance:crackup:. Pleease send me PP instructions. Bread and water for the rest of the month:mecry:.

Regards
Gunnar

PM sent.

BOTH are Sold Pending Funds (SPF)

Njoy...

Last edited:

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations guys, you will love this light :thumbsup:

I bought one from qarawol in the first sale. (He is a great guy to deal with also :twothumbs).

David