Surefire Warranty Registration

umc

Enlightened
Hey all,

I just picked up a Surefire G2 LED yesterday and I noticed it had a registration card in with it for warranty service. That made me think about all of my other Surefire flashlights and how I haven't registered any of them with Surefire. Will I not be able to get warranty coverage if I don't register them?

generic808

Enlightened
Surefire has THE best warranty of any product I've ever owned. All that's really needed is a call or email to CS and you're pretty much covered. That's probably one of the biggest factors as to why I stick with Surefire. Their customer service and warranty policy is unmatched.

Surefire Warranty: Lamps will burn out, batteries will be used up, and tape switches for WeaponLights™ will eventually need to be replaced. Everything else is covered by a lifetime no-hassle guarantee: If it breaks, Surefire will fix it!

generic808

Enlightened
hmm the pocket clip on mine broke you think they may fix ?

Just give them a call or email and I'm sure they'll send you out a new one ASAP. All that will be needed is your address. It's that good and that easy!

generic808

Enlightened
i emailed them will see if not its not a big deal

From my past experiences with their customer service, a call did me well. I recently called about my tailcap on one of my G2's and they asked for my addy without a serial number or anything. Told me it'll be in the mail and I should be receiving it within a week.

mwaldron

Enlightened
The clip on mine broke regularly when I was carrying it clipped to my pocket. They sent me a new one every time, but they never would send me a backup spare.

hmm the pocket clip on mine broke you think they may fix ?

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I haven't registered any of them with Surefire. Will I not be able to get warranty coverage if I don't register them?
Based on the Uniform Commercial Code, you do NOT have to fill out any warranty registration card for ANY product to receive warranty service or coverage:
http://www.naturalnews.com/000414.html

At least in the U.S., probably laws differ in each country.

scottaw

Enlightened
I emailed them 3 months ago about a tailcap...never got a response and actually lost the light. But i hear the call is fast and easy.

Numbers

Enlightened
My experience with them (3 separate issues over the years) is that they always come through, with few , if any, questions asked.
However, in my cases at least, I had to w a i t and make multiple (weekly) calls each time before they finally delivered. Nothing was done asap but it always got done in the end. I cant really complain. Good job by them.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a new L1 and E2L a month or two ago and tried to go online and register at the link on the warranty registration card, and it wouldn't work for me. I didn't bother trying again, as their warranty has always been good in the past, and I've never registered any of the 20+ SF's I've owned.

iveseenthelite

Newly Enlightened
My experience with them (3 separate issues over the years) is that they always come through, with few , if any, questions asked.
However, in my cases at least, I had to w a i t and make multiple (weekly) calls each time before they finally delivered. Nothing was done asap but it always got done in the end. I cant really complain. Good job by them.
i 2nd that. you always get what you ask for, but it does take multiple calls. waited 2 months for a replacement clicky switch for my 6pd, 4 phone calls.

revance

Newly Enlightened
I have always wondered what their stance on LEDs are... "bulbs will burn out" but what about LEDs? They shouldn't fail in lifetime of normal use (assuming you are running it with approved batteries). But if they did would they cover it?

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have always wondered what their stance on LEDs are... "bulbs will burn out" but what about LEDs? They shouldn't fail in lifetime of normal use (assuming you are running it with approved batteries). But if they did would they cover it?

I think they cover LED failure. You just can't replace a LED easily like you can with a bulb.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can with the P60L drop-ins. Yeah, anything that doesn't use a drop-in they will probably make you ship it back to them or something.

Even with the P60L drop-in, if it suddently dies, they will probably replace it for free (with you shipping back the broken module). If it dies by old age, it's another story. Anyway, at 39$, the dropin has a price of just over two P60 lamp assemblies and is cheap!