Too Many CR123 Batteries!

Zenster

Enlightened
I certainly can't call this a rant, but jeez, how many batteries does a guy need?

OK, I figured having 50 CR123 primaries was a good number for emergency use (I'm mostly into rechargeables, but not all), so I bought and paid for 50 of them.
So far, so good.

But I also happen to like Surefires as much as anyone else, so everytime I get another Surefire, I end up with 8 to 20 MORE CR123 batteries. (That's common with Surefire lights because it's the only way for a dealer to get around the "list price" rule set by Surefire).

Well damnit, I just ordered a Novatac 120P, and the damn thing comes with 20 free batteries.
So now I'm up to over 100 batteries that I am sure will "time out" before I get a chance to actually use them.

So my suggestion to frequent buyers is; quit buying CR123 batteries. With just the free ones you get with the lights you buy, you'll be swimming in batteries for a long time to come.

There, my "almost" rant is over.
Whew; I'm glad to get that off my chest. :crazy:

generic808

Enlightened
PM me if you want to dump some of the SF's for a decent price. I also use RCR's and I probably have about 20 or so primes, but I wouldn't mind picking up some more.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I'd be more than happy to lighten your load:).... PM me a price. My 6P (incan) eats em' alive. I have rechargeables on order from DX, lord knows when those will actually get here.

jufam44

Enlightened
I purchase 72 count boxes of SF-123A's from Surefire every six months, and that usually tides me over until I buy more. As for free batts with lights, I usually buy them through NSN numbers, and unfortunately there are no free batteries included.

Retinator

Enlightened
You need to buy and use a Surefire M6 then post a pic of used cells after a year.

Just what I was thinking:crackup: Make sure to get the MN21 and a few spares carriers.

Or maybe think about getting one of the new Arclights (12 or 16 cell HIDs).

Well at least they'll keep for 10 yrs :sssh:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
either get the Pelican case and foam insert for it, or you can send some to me, ill pay the shipping....:whistle:

but i understand your plight, AA and AAA are now the "hard to find" battery types in my house..

Crenshaw

Zenster

Enlightened
Hello Zenster,

It sounds like you need to get involved in battery testing... :)

Tom

Yea, there went another $60+ bucks for a ZTS a couple of months ago. ;)

Evidently, I seem to be the only one who ends up with more batteries than I expected.
Evidently, a lot of you need to buy some more Surefires. :devil:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good opportunity for runtime tests. Also, if you find yourself in possesion of a lot of used cr123s that won't light up your high powered lights, consider getting an Inova X5 if you don't have one already. They're great for using up those "dead" cells.

cy

Flashaholic
stash of 100+ CR123 cells... li-ion in all my lights, except M6R which is NMH. been awhile since I actually ran down a CR123, it's all rechargeables.

no.. I don't want to lighten my load... :D
kinda like having spare cells laying around.

IcantC

Enlightened
I'd be more than happy to help you with your problem and take them off your hands ;). I just go a SF M6 so am sure I can use them :D.

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
I have about 30 "good" CR123s on standby, but thats not counting the 20 or so Tenergy brand freebies I got from batteryjunction -- I'll use those in low power applications like my-soon-to-be-here Inova X5. I also have 17 "bad" [I got a batch that has immense passive resistance, or so Im told] titanium brand cells that should be able to work in the Inova once I get it. Plus I ordered another 20 Panasonics with my soon to arrive SF L1 and get another 12 free from batteryjunction with my order. So I've come to 2 conclusions:

A) I have enough CR123s (50 " really good", 69 "ok")
B) My new Inova X5 is going to get quite a workout

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a total of 74 since I started to buy CR123A powered lights last summer.

Today I have 4 used, 9 in lights, from half-used to almost full, leaving 61 as my stock.

I got the following:
16 Energizer (Expire in 2012)
16 Rayovac (Expire 2017)
8 Panasonic (Expire 2017)
24 Surefire (Expire 2017)
10 Surefire from new lights

I bought most of them when I bought my SF lights and some parts online to cover (read reduce) the relative shipping cost of what I ordered.

KingGlamis

Banned
I understand that we get free primaries with some light purchases, but what I DON'T understand is people that BUY primaries when rechargables make so much more sense. I will NEVER buy primaries again.