SUREFIRE

THE PUNISHER

Newly Enlightened
Alright newbe here learning from my fellow addicts:tinfoil:,how do you attach the surefire lanyard to the light i have 80% of all the surefire lights the webs says to use the split ring:confused:, the the e series the small surefire's,how about the big ones like a l5 where does it go, i have a split ring and a clip help thanx.D :shrug:

THE PUNISHER

Newly Enlightened
Thatz me one more thing to wipe out all my money:laughing:........ain't it cool...........:grin2:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
back to the original question ...
I advise not to use that damn ring. I ruined some small spots of the reflector in my favorized mod (Cree in a 6P) because I used it on my bike handlebars and there got some water into during a short rain - now there are water marks on the surface and I dont know/dare what to do.
but
I immediately removed that damn ring and used the only method that makes sense to me: get the rope, make it wet and knot it with a diameter that barely fits over the body. Put it on from behind and push it up till the diameter at the head gets thicker. When rope dries, it shrinks and holds even better.
... now the 6P is submersible again (tested it)

too bad the only lights that offer a perfect way of adding a lanyard is Inova
(while the rest of their offers is ...)

Carpenter

Enlightened
If the light you have came with a split ring, (L1, L2, A2, 6P, c series as well as sonme others) the ring snaps on the tailcap right in front of the button. After that you attach the lanyard by attaching the clip to the produding hole in the ring.

The e-series attaches directly to the pocket clip. The small ring in the lanyard slips on like a key on a keyring.

The others comes with a solid metal ring that goes around the body/tailcap area. The lanyard then clips onto the produding piece of that ring.

Hope I was clearer than mud with that explaination.

THE PUNISHER

Newly Enlightened
Thanx for the info,you are right about inova they have some tuff lanyards but no pocket clip,back to the question,i am not a fan of surefire lanyards,i pack all my lights in my pocket of my khakis,i use lanyards but sure fires are super bulky..............:devil:

Spence

Enlightened
Hey pal-
I don't like dropping my SureFires so I use lanyards with all 15 of mine. The SF lanyards are too short for me, so I buy the supplies at Lighthound.com and make my own, very cheaply (paracord in tons of colors $0.15 per foot, I buy 4 feet for each lanyard) they have all the clips, spli rings, plastic cord locks, etc. I also like ball-chain lanyards...sold by the foot, different types, sizes, colors at ACE and TRUE VALUE hardware stores. If you need other hepl, PM me.
Good luck.

Spence
:wave:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
back to the original question ...
I advise not to use that damn ring. I ruined some small spots of the reflector in my favorized mod (Cree in a 6P) because I used it on my bike handlebars and there got some water into during a short rain - now there are water marks on the surface and I dont know/dare what to do.

The original poster was writing about using a small split ring (i.e., a miniature key ring) threaded through the hole in the E-series belt clip.

I think you used a much larger ring which fit over the flashlight's threads, right?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, missed that split-ring part. Thought there is only the one I know of...
I used the original SF ring for the 6P that fits over the head treads - leaving a small gap between body and head
(but still the rubber seal is not even near that gap, dunno why/where the water could have come into the light)