E1 Improvements?

Clay

Newly Enlightened
I love my E1. It is my favourite flashlight. At least, until I get an E2.

...but I wish it had a lanyard ring (like the one on the 3P) instead of the clip.

Anyone else have any improvements they would suggest?

Bucky

Enlightened
As I posted here: http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum57/HTML/000361.html I agree with Al about the HA version being waterproof with a pyrex lens. Why not change up the HA E1/E2 and offer them with more options like waterproofness and a pyrex lens for those willing to pay more for advanced options (see SureFire Millennium series lights).

An offering of more color choices is about the only other suggestion that I might have, but I think HA and GM are two pretty good choices. Had SureFire not developed a Beam Shaper and lanyard for the Executive series I would be suggesting that too
smile.gif

BTW Al, how did you find out that the Executive series with the pocket clip will not work with the lanyard? From pk?

Bucky

Bucky

Enlightened
Oh, I almost forgot. I would also like to see a high-output lamp especially for the E2 which would rival the P61 but offer a longer runtime. Maybe 120 lumens for 30 or 35 minutes would be absolutely fantastic. Imagine having a light considerably smaller than the M2 that would produce the same 120 lumens for 10-15 more minutes per set of batteries.

Bucky

Brock

Flashaholic
Yes, my E1 and E2 both have a removeable clip, just remove the allen screw and take the clip off. They actually have the same clip and screw.

On a side note I can hold the E2 in my teeth like I used to do with 2 AA mags. The larger 6P size was to big and heavy, but the E2 works.

Brock

Size15's

Flashaholic
Okay!

I think I'm right in writing that the E2 clip can be removed with one of Alan's Keys,

The NEW E1 will also have a removable clip. This is because the "E Series" "Z01" Lanyard kit will not work [well or not at all?] with the clip in place.

Also coming are assorted beam filters:
F03 - Infrared
F04 - BeamShaper (for close up work etc)
F05 - Red
F06 - Blue

Make the HA versions waterproof I say. The GM versions can be the ultra short version.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Bucky,

Re: Executive Series high output lamp modules:
I'll for these. I'm also for a long runtime E2. 2-3 hours of a perfect SureFire beam would be a real advantage.
I would like to see an E Series Lamp Module carrier...

As to the Lanyard;

I've tried to put a lanyard on my M2. It doesn't rotate fully. I figure the same thing will happen to the E1.

As the E2 has a removeable Clip, I figured that the new E1 with the looks like the same style Bezel would have the same feature.
Brock's post seems to confirm this.

Usually, I'll write "PK says" or "Ken says" or "SF Customer Service says" or "Brock says" when I'm quoting...

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Brock, would you be more scared of people mis-quoting you?

I can't get the Clip off my E1. It looks like an Allen Key will fit, but the smallest one I've got is too small and the next one up is way too big. I always though it was a rivet. Maybe it is
frown.gif

Al

Bucky

Enlightened
I have an "old" E1 too and I think it is a hex screw not a rivet. If you look closely you can see that the screw has sides to it which means it is not a rivet.

Finding an allen wrench to fit it though, now that's another story
wink.gif

Bucky

Skyline

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I can't get the Clip off my E1. It looks like an Allen Key will fit, but the smallest one I've got is too small and the next one up is way too big.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you using Metric or U.S. Allen Keys? Since SureFire is U.S. made, I'd guess its a U.S. size.

/mel

Size15's

Flashaholic
I was thinking of trying a hex-bit.

Of course, over here, we're supposed to use Metric cos really, base 10 is pretty simple and all.

Anyway, I should have both sets. My Dad'll have 'em that's for sure.
"Dad, how long do you want that 2" by 4" ?"
"3ft 5cm"
"Erm... Right..."

The accuracy of the map is 5m in every mile...

I'll try Hex.

Thanks!
grin.gif

JoeyL

Enlightened
Greetings!

That hex screw is a U.S. 1/16 inch size.
The wrenches are available in most
hardware stores for less than a quarter.
I have an E1 and I'd be interested in a lanyard system rather than the clip too.

Joey L
grin.gif

Bucky

Enlightened
Not to worry
smile.gif
, the lanyard attachment for the Executive series should be available soon. I cannot wait to pick up a couple myself.
smile.gif

Bucky

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
confused.gif
From sad experience, it is possible to strip the head of a flush-set allen bolt. I thought my metric key had caught, and a bolt on a very expensive American machine became "very ***** difficult" to remove.
rolleyes.gif

Lite-Lover

Size15's

Flashaholic
I doubt the Z01 will be available until the issue of the E1 belt clip has been resolved. Maybe there will be a new clip with a ring for attaching the Lanyard?

The same could be done for the D2, C2 & M2 as the clips can be removed...

Al