Fell asleep...no Malkoff for me...Surefire 6P??

Irishsentry

Newly Enlightened
So I got the 6P delivered today. It is more than I thought it would be for the money but DEFINITELY needs an LED assembly.

If I cant have the Malkoff unit I want until one day when I am fast enough....how is the Surefire brand drop in and what brand LED are they using in their LED lamps?

O got this CHEAP on Ebay brand new so looks like I am into modding....I can spend a nice chunk of change before I could buy the same stock 6P in a retail store.

The 6P is OK for out of the box...but it has so much more potential (like me when I was sober in college)

A beam should be as close to perfectly round as you can get and not so yellow....more blue....:popcorn:

DM51

Flashaholic
LOL, a sentry asleep on duty??? 3 days in the slammer for you, matey (j/k)!

Do not despair - a few Malkoffs will soon turn up on B/S/T.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I'm enjoying mine too. I have a DX drop in on order. I dont mind the 65 L incan, but I know theres more potential here than that. Playing the waiting game now.

Irishsentry

Newly Enlightened
is there any usable spill at all Tex? I want some so I can see meter and write as long as the beam isn't right on what I am having a look at..I really appreciate it and I may go with your suggestion

TXPeaceOfficer

Newly Enlightened
The link Momonbubu posted has good beamshots. You will get a lot better idea from those than anything I can tell ya. :)

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Gene's been releasing M60s every few days, and a few always hit BST for around $70. It has the best combination of throw/spill/runtime that I've found. An awesome insert, well worth the wait to get one.

how is the Surefire brand drop in and what brand LED are they using in their LED lamps?
My G2L is not a bad light as it comes ... 80 lumens for 12 hours in nice performance. Just don't try it against the Malkoff:eek:

Stainz

Enlightened
I noticed a sale on S-F 60L drop-ins... $32 vs $39 regular. Still, added, w s/t, to the $42 delivered Evil-Bay 6p, that's $74 - I just bought a 6P LED locally - w 2 S-F 123s - for $74.50... great deal. I'll be honest... that's a nice light - great run time (Package said 11 hr!). Besides, For ultra-bright, I now have an excuse to buy a Fenix T1...

John

PS I may just order one of those D-X drop-ins... my birthday is in July... should get here by then!

pfisto

Newly Enlightened
P6 MALKOFF

Well I just joined this place last week and I just ordered a Malkoff dropin for my 6P should have it by Friday. You guys are all NUTS

maxray

Newly Enlightened
Re: P6 MALKOFF

I joined not more than a couple of weeks ago as well, and I also just bought a M60 Malkoff mod from BST, a Fenix P2D, a Ultrafire C2, and a Surefire 6P - the host for the Malkoff.

You guys are killing me! I was already spending too much on stuff I found over at http://www.edcforums.com!!!

edit:grammar

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: P6 MALKOFF

You did better than the Irishsentry, who fell asleep on duty and didn't get one. A total disgrace, lol. I'll tack your thread on to the end of his, as an example to him.