AA lights which one next?

Irishsentry

Newly Enlightened
looking for my next light already. So far the Fenix l2D I have has impressed me more than anything, but I bet in a destruction test (which I am NOT doing...lol) the Surefire would win.The thing is I like AA lights, even though I own and I am sure I will buy more 123's.

Long run time and good beam shape are probably the two most important features, tail cap switch and cooler light color are a little down the list but important.

Most of you have forgotten more than I will ever know...any suggestions?

Last edited:

Khaytsus

Enlightened
looking for my next light already. So far the Fenix l2D I have has impressed me more than anything, but I bet in a destruction test (which I am NOT doing...lol) The thing is I like AA lights, even though I own and I am sure I will buy more 123's.

Long run time and good beam shape are probably the two most important features, tail cap switch and cooler light color are a little down the list but important.

Most of you have forgotten more than I will ever know...any suggestions?

Nitecore Defender Infinity is an awesome AA light. Not that hot on Alkalines, but no high current device is. Runs great on NiMH and a little better on 14500 if you go that route later.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
No, that last sentence wasn't meant to be taken seriously(hence the smiley). The main problem I've heard is the loose tailcap retaining ring. Easy to fix if it happens.

Irishsentry

Newly Enlightened
Is that a spare part I should have on hand? I love the light it was really my fist multi mode other than a mini mag I modded

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
No spare parts, just part of the tailcap that you may have to tighten. Most likely it won't come loose, but it's been known to happen.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
No I love the L2D so far...why have you heard of issues with them?

The biggest issue with the L2D was the bright Low level turn on flash. That is supposed to be greatly reduced in the L2D Q5 version, so I'd be sure to get that one.