Best light using 1x18650 battery...?

framboisier

Newly Enlightened
hi

i ordered a Wf 400 from dealextrem but i ordered it the 06.02.08 and now i still not received my number of order... i know that they were in vacations but i think it's too long and i can't wait 3 weeks af shipping for delivey to france.

so i ask them to cancel my order , i'm waiting an answer from them...

someone from this forum advice me to get a fenix T1 for performances and quality of build. i have a fenix L2T 55 lumens high mode (first generation).
i konw the good quality of fenix but i would like a light running with 18650 battery because i allready have 2.

i found the raidlight spear but very expensive... do you have something like it to advice me? 75$ is a maximum price for me, for use I'm french police officer working by night so i need a very bright and not too big...

thanks for advices

Supernam

Enlightened
If you're a police officer, then money should not be an issue when contemplating the purchase of a tool that is part of your daily equipment.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
If you're a police officer, then money should not be an issue when contemplating the purchase of a tool that is part of your daily equipment.
If you are willing to pay for my lights then i will subscribe to this theory. :nana:

Money is still a consideration to most LEO when it comes to equipment, especially in this country and a lot of others as contrary to some beliefs LEO aren't always paid a lot.

Look into Wolf Eyes if you are keen on 18650's, they almost seem like they are designed to run on them over primaries and can be had for good money.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if you already have the investment in the 18650 battery, you could consider something that can be upgraded over time.

My suggestion: get a Surefire 6P clone - Cabela's had a combination offer for $20, including the flashlight, a holster, 2 primaries (CR123As), and a knife (420 steel, pretty nice actually, no spring, but excellent clip).

Then you can get a 1x18650 battery tube for it, which may be about $60 (for top quality from Lighthound).

So far, including shipping, you may be a bit over your $75, but not by much. (and you do get a knife and a holster for the bit that you pay over...good deal, in my opinion)

But--you will also need/want a drop-in (LED, of course). Here you can get a cheap one from deal-extreme for maybe $11-12 shipped to tide you over; or if you want to spend extra can get one of the top-flight Q5 CREE LED based ones (Malkoff for $60, and also many alternatives for similar prices).

So you can stay close to your budget (though a bit over) with one of the dealextreme LEDs.

The huge advantage for you with this setup: over time, you can just upgrade the drop-in and you can have the latest and greatest LEDs!!!

So longer term, you can come way ahead relative to buying a new flashlight every couple of years or so, and always have the best light available.

plus the 6P format is very standard and you can get all sorts of nice add-ons, including strike bezels (useful for an LEO like yourself, maybe?) over time.

The Cabela's offer details are available in the CPF marketplace forums (deals subforum).

Last edited:

bob4apple

Enlightened
Lighthound has the XTAR for about $25. It has a Cree P4 and is compatible with drop ins. Fits protected 18650 batts.

saeckereier

Newly Enlightened
VB-16 if you're satisfied with a LED. But it depends what you need it for. Of course, depending whether you ordered a DX one, it won't be delivered much faster. 3 weeks and up to France can be normal for DX, I don't expect anything to arrive until at least 2 weeks have passed (Germany). The VB-1 is quite a bright light and has a forward clicky, it all depends on what you're expecting to use it for, but I'd say it's worth a try.

Jvalera

Newly Enlightened
If you are willing to pay for my lights then i will subscribe to this theory. :nana:

Money is still a consideration to most LEO when it comes to equipment, especially in this country and a lot of others as contrary to some beliefs LEO aren't always paid a lot.

Look into Wolf Eyes if you are keen on 18650's, they almost seem like they are designed to run on them over primaries and can be had for good money.

I totally agree. Id rather have everything free and would prefer cheap bullets since the criminals are cheap anyway.:grin2:

framboisier

Newly Enlightened
thanks for answers and advices

about the DereeLight CL1H 2.0...

can you confirm me that models sales here http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=173730

have same performances like the model reviewed by light review. It's the V3, so new model...?

i'm interested by the model DereeLight CL1H running with 1x18650 / smooth reflector / Two stage output

informations between the market place are not same as these on the web site.

thanks

framboisier

Newly Enlightened
thanks but i prefer the dereelight and performances seems to be better, but the new mode V3 seems to have regulation less performant as the old version V2... where can i find and old version?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
To order direct from Dereelight, so you get the latest version:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=173730

Alan from Dereelight is great to work with.

I'd look into the Dereelight CL1H or WolfEyes. I don't have much experience with WolfEyes products yet so I can't weigh in on them.

The CL1H V3 with a smooth reflector will give you a good amount of throw, but a more useful beam for up close work when compared to the Dereelight DBS, Raidfire Spear, etc. The reflectors for the CL1H are cheap so you could order a smooth and a textured and see which you like better.

coldass

Newly Enlightened
My CL1H 3SD has been outstanding. The quality for the money is top-notch. The 3-stage UI is very easy to use. It seems 18560's are easy to find and re-charge, and are better than CR123 and RCR123's (the latter which seem hard to get) - which defines many of the quality alternatives.

I prefer the OP reflector over the smooth for the beam quality.

I'd like to try the Wolf-Eyes Fox for the adjustable beam - and this was my second pick to the Dereelight, 'won' based on so many good reviews.

Last edited: