Surefire Optimus News!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supernam

Enlightened
Who sells Surefire's for "outrageous blown out of the water prices"? Everyone is aware of the profit margin by both the manufacturer and retailers. It's no secret. Furthermore, would your employer or Surefire for that matter, be happy that you are posting retailer costs on a public forum?

iapyx

Enlightened
well, let's say he's still 'Unenlightened'.

This is the way our economy works. It means jobs, work (your work), money (your salary too), etc etc.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
l2icel3all, I am not sure what to say about this except to wish you luck in your search for alternative employment, as it is very likely that you will need it.

If you employer sees your post, as is quite likely to happen, it will not take him long (~10 minutes?) to discover your identity - you have left plenty of clues to it.

When that is established, you will find yourself in all sorts of trouble, not only for criticising the company in public, but also for disclosing privileged/confidential information. You are almost certain to be dismissed, and they may even decide to prosecute you.

Your post is quite astonishingly indiscreet and ill-judged. I would strongly advise you to withdraw it.

bones_708

Enlightened
My understanding is that he was making a comment that B&M stores in the area charge more than suggested retail. I'm not sure how that is "criticising the company in public" it seems the opposite to me. As for as getting fired, yes maybe. I really doubt that the price markup is all that secret but sure someone could get upset and I have no doubt it is a violation of his store policy. The idea that there could be criminal action for doing so is just absurd. I also think the idea that posting this is going to impact the stores financials is hard to fathom also. You don't approve fine, but the overblown negative responses are a bit much.

DM51

Flashaholic
bones, I'm not saying I disapprove. I was merely advising him that what he has posted was extremely unwise IMO, and would be likely to cause him problems. Problems for him, from his employer - nobody else is involved.

He can leave it there if he likes - that is entirely up to him as far as I am concerned.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thing is that this information is likely considered to be private and proprietary and as such the public release of it is probably against the agreement that you signed to gain employment and against company policy.
I am quite sure that SureFire will be none too happy that the retail cost is being tossed about.
Surefire is very protective if their retail prices. They want their retailers to make money. this mark up does seem a little more than the normal retail mark up for hard goods.
What ever.
If I were your Boss I would fire you without a second thought.
For better or worse you are not a team player. I would want team players working for me.
Since you won't last there anyway you might as well look up the rest of the order and tell us the cost of the other lights that they have on order or for sale.
NO wonder battery station "Gives" away so many batteries with the purchase of a SureFire. I appreciate the batteries but I would prefer a deeper discount like 20 to 30% off. I would take a discount before batteries anyday.
Yaesumofo

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If i were you I'd buy every one of them at YOUR COST than sell them! I have a feeling your going to need the money real soon:grin2:

dougie

Enlightened
I have to agree with DM51 that the OP has provided his employer with plenty of information to identify him. The information that he works as a cs, has access to IT systems and is born on the May 31 should enable easy ID. However, ID'ing the poster doesn't in itself prove guilt in law that he was the perpetrator?

Of course we are all surmising that his company has in place any policies which he could be accused of violating? I also doubt that he is in danger of being discovered unless (a) he has a co-worker who is also a member of CPF or (b) someone from our forum tips off his employer?

Whilst I think the post was naive I also think that it doesn't show the poster in a particularly good light. No employer I can think of wants someone giving away the markup it make on its wares. Also what employer would want someone who is 'bored' accessing their IT systems for spurious information? As a minimum this post was (IMHO) unwise, unnecessary and provocative.

Doug

DM51

Flashaholic
This has gone way off the intended topic, which is partly the OP's fault and partly mine for drawing attention to the possible implications of his post.

I'm going to close it, but the OP may PM me to ask for his post #1 to be edited if he wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.