Help choosing Clear epoxy for Trits

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Hi all,

Can anyone help me choose an optically clear Epoxy for mounting Trit's in a PEU Stainless Bezel.

I live in Australia so some of the brands / retailers are not available here.

If anyone has any good ideas, or sources of epoxy that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Devcon 1.5-ton, or 2-ton clear epoxy. I prefer clear hot glue for certain applications.

Last edited:

Glow_Worm

Newly Enlightened
I just use a drop of clear fingernail polish under & on top of the vial. Easier to position the vial and work w/ than superglue, as it doesn't set up as fast. Plus you can remove & reuse the vial later if you need to by using acetone (fingernail polish remover). Possibly not as reliable or permanent as superglue, but I've never had one come loose.

d1dd1

Enlightened
You should look for 2K epoxy for glass, china (porcelain) and maybe metal.
They're often crystal clear.
I use the german "Pattex Kraft-Mix"

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
I just superglue mine in, never had a problem.

It's been a few years, how's that superglue holding up? I'm tempted, because I have a bottle here, but curious of the longevity versus these other options. Thanks.

I'm curious if Norland Optical Adhesive #61 will "debond" if I accidentally take a shower with it on my neck-light (which happens quite a lot, because I'm forgetful). From their site, "Warm, soapy water or acetone can be used to debond components.".

Last edited:

franzdom

Enlightened
Norland cured properly will definitely not "debond" in a shower. I tried to remove trits from a bezel recently, soaked it in acetone, baked it at 350, 400, 450, nothing. This stuff is some serious glue.