G2Z not a candidate for drop ins....?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did do a search, no thread popped up..so

I just got this, my first drop in

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1343

and it doesnt go in fully to my G2Z? it seems longer then my regular P60, so does this mean that the head of lights like the C2 and G2 etc...are longer or something? or will it not fit there either?

thanks..

Crenshaw

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did do a search, no thread popped up..so

I just got this, my first drop in

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1343

and it doesnt go in fully to my G2Z? it seems longer then my regular P60, so does this mean that the head of lights like the C2 and G2 etc...are longer or something? or will it not fit there either?

thanks..

Crenshaw

Many P60-sized drop-ins are a little different in size. Sometimes they require an extra spring or contact ring in order to work correctly. I used the C2 and G2 with drop-ins before, and sometimes a Malkoff would fit in just fine with one, but not the other, and a BOG would fit in the other just fine, but not the first. So you kind of have to play around with them a bit. Generally, they should all fit just fine...in theory. :) Oh, and I don't have any experience with the DX ones you linked to.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks ttran97

i should also ask, anyone know if this fits the C2? planning on getting one, so ordering the drop ins now before actually getting it..

:D

Crenshaw

pbs357

Enlightened
Hi Crenshaw,

I don't have that specific drop-in, but all of the DX drop ins I've used (several each of sku 1995, and 4068) have left a gap between the bezel and the body. The gap isn't as bad on my G2, but is noticeable on my 6p, Z2, and G2Z. That said, they do function fine on all the bodies/heads I've used like that and some people have used a dremel to bevel the bottom edge of the drop in so that it fits flush. I just bought some o-rings from Lighthound to fill the gap as I do not have a dremel tool.

The Malkoff M60 fits flush, and my Dereelight Q5 modules fit flush in the G2, and leave a tiny gap on the others.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you! just the info i was looking for :D

sigh, they really need to standardise the P60

Crenshaw

pbs357

Enlightened
Oh hey, I just got one of the $14 strike bezels from eBay... they're VERY nice and seem to be a bit deeper - my DX modules fit with no gap. Not sure if you want a strike bezel but that is an option too. And for $14 it's a great bezel replacement price! good luck! :thumbsup:

roymail

Enlightened
The DX #6090 in my 6P fits perfectly but I had to remove the outer spring and use on the small spring in the middle. No gap at all.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks Roy...

thats precisely my exhasperation keygrip...:hairpull:

I almost wanted to rip off the reflector from my P60 to try ad fit it onto the pill of that drop in. almost...

Crenshaw

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks Roy...

thats precisely my exhasperation keygrip...:hairpull:

I almost wanted to rip off the reflector from my P60 to try ad fit it onto the pill of that drop in. almost...

Crenshaw

I think it's a copyright issue, they need to be just a little different to not get in trouble. At least this is the case with aftermarket carparts.