Novatac Owners - Clip on or off?

Novatac Users - Which Do you prefer (clip on or off)

• Pocke Clip ON

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • Pocket Clip OFF

Votes: 47 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eric_wolf

Newly Enlightened
This is a matter of personal taste....But do you prefer your Novatac with or without the pocket clip?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was OFF for a long time.
It is now ON but I don't use it as a clip I use it as a lanyard attachment point.
It serves it's function well untill I get the loop type figure8 unit made for the Novatac, until then the clip will do.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will be an interesting survey to follow.

I currently prefer clip-on and also prefer the original to the new style.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't anti-roll important to anyone? That would mean clip on if only just for that, whether you used the clip or not.

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
Mine broke the first time I tried putting it on. Since it's a real junker as far as the quality of steel goes, I don't have one. I'd like it for a lanyard attachment and especially to keep it from rolling off my nightstand.

Well-Lit

Newly Enlightened
Put the original clip on mine when I first got the light for all of approximately 2 minutes and it stayed off until the new clips were released. I have been using the new clip since then. It's not perfect, but it's better than the original, at least to me....

Bob

Zeige

Enlightened
I put the clip on when I first got my 120P, kept it that way for 2 days and took it off. Just drop it in my pocket now.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
I disdain pocket clips on flashlights. The Novatac product is no exception.

The flashlight is small enough that I can and almost always do place it inside my trouser pocket. It is also so small that I need a lanyard and have affixed one.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, I usually don't like pocket clips, however I do find NovaTacs useful. I like the way it "feels" in my hand.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
When i first got my 120p i thought that clip was the ugliest piece of metal i ever saw! Than after i used it for a while and found out that the groove in it fit my finger like it was made for it i could not imagine not having it on.

BMF

Enlightened
Is there a third vote?

I don't know because since I've bought it I've been taking it out of the very carefully opened blister pack to turn on for a few minutes to enjoy the tint, brightness, feel, ... and put it back in. I didn't touch the clip so I don't know it'll be useful or not.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a big fan of pocket clips on my EDC lights and my Novatac is no exception :) I do have the new style clip on the way from the 'hound, although the original isn't all that bad to me.

cmaylodm

Newly Enlightened
While I like to have pocket clips on my lights, I really dislike how the Novatac's pocket clip can bend away from the light and spin freely. Anyways, I still use the pocket clip on the 17670 tube when I carry it in uniform, and when I am in my civilian attire I use the CR123 tube with no clip.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for the clip being off but only because I think that it looks much better that way and because I have been carrying mine deep in my pockets and it feels better w/out the clip in this situation. I have one with the clip on and one with the clip off at home right now.

If would use the clip all the time if I was wearing jeans (not dress pants) or if I was wearing shorts.

I guess that I am a 50 / 50.