Longbow micra switch retrofit

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
No mods required...:cool:

This Longbow light is in pristine condition, right down to the 'book' box, and all the original paperwork. I just wanted to see if a retrofit was possible, without altering the light, or modding the McClicky...It is!:)

One threaded metal sleeve, one McClicky switch, one acetal filler piece, and a plunger extender.

p1080051ft0.jpg

p1080053uv9.jpg

p1080054ux7.jpg

p1080055gd1.jpg

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a black longbow, but that OD is really calling out to me, it looks absolutely beautiful!....:ohgeez:

Crenshaw

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
i have a black longbow, but that OD is really calling out to me, it looks absolutely beautiful!....:ohgeez:

Crenshaw

Yup I love both my OD Longbows. I was really into black lights at the time when I bought mine, it was a hard decision.

Img_0488.jpg

I'm curious too, how much better is the McClicky over the Kroll switch that was in there originally (I've never had a McClicky)?

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup I love both my OD Longbows. I was really into black lights at the time when I bought mine, it was a hard decision.

I'm curious too, how much better is the McClicky over the Kroll switch that was in there originally (I've never had a McClicky)?

If you have a good performing Kroll switch, there really isn't any improvement. The Kroll switch, in my Longbow micra was working perfectly, I just wanted to see if a retrofit was possible.