Name That Emitter!

donn_

Flashaholic
I try to keep close track of my stuff. I have a text file and a spreadsheet containing everything I know about my Aleph LEs, but one has thus far eluded ID.

It came to me with the following designation; "Cree XR-E (Q4?)"

I'm hopeful someone can ID it with surety.

006-7.jpg

005-12.jpg

003-25.jpg

And its host:

002-37.jpg

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to identify a Cree by looking at it. I've read that the 4 bond wires came into use with the Q2, but later production P4s also had them.
So, it could be a P4 to R2. How's that for narrowing it down. :grin2:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Hard to identify a Cree by looking at it. I've read that the 4 bond wires came into use with the Q2, but later production P4s also had them.
So, it could be a P4 to R2. How's that for narrowing it down. :grin2:

The R-bins I believe have the silver backing, so it can be narrowed down further to P4-Q5.

Any further is impossible by just looking at it.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The R-bins I believe have the silver backing, so it can be narrowed down further to P4-Q5.

I have a couple R-Bin Cree's with the yellow backing, and a R2 with the silver backing. So we're back to P4-R2.

Also I wonder if some people assumed some P4's had 4 bonding wires based on ordering Fenix lights that were quoted as being P4's and seeing 4 bonding wires. Now we hear Fenix maybe using Q2's and Q4's in their non-premium lights that quote P4 specs.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple R-Bin Cree's with the yellow backing, and a R2 with the silver backing. So we're back to P4-R2.

Also I wonder if some people assumed some P4's had 4 bonding wires based on ordering Fenix lights that were quoted as being P4's and seeing 4 bonding wires. Now we hear Fenix maybe using Q2's and Q4's in their non-premium lights that quote P4 specs.

I've got some DX Cree dropins advertized as P4 with 4 bond wires.