Extended use Fenix T1 review wanted

Stainz

Enlightened
This thing has been around since, what, last Thanksgiving? Who has had one for a while - or at least used one recently for a while? Any real problems? Failures? Shortcomings? QC issues? Light output fall-off? Still pleased with the purchase? Any gripes? Thanks!

Stainz

PS I've seen what high powered rounds do to one... that might just qualify as abuse... maybe!

Khaytsus

Enlightened
This thing has been around since, what, last Thanksgiving? Who has had one for a while - or at least used one recently for a while? Any real problems? Failures? Shortcomings? QC issues? Light output fall-off? Still pleased with the purchase? Any gripes? Thanks!

Stainz

PS I've seen what high powered rounds do to one... that might just qualify as abuse... maybe!

You mean you're not interested in how well it holds up to repeated beatings on concrete, smashing, shooting, or deep sea submursion?

:rolleyes:

Me too, actually.. How well the switch does, real life battery life, how threads hold up, etc..

jbosman1013

Enlightened
I have had mine sence Xmas and here is what i have found.

1. The switch has never failed but sometimes when you turn it on it will click like normal but turn off instead of staying on this usually happens twice and on the third click it will stay on. Its not a big deal but it would be nice if leef made a switch for the T1
rolleye11.gif

2. The spikes on the tailcap do nothing but get in the way.

3. It would be much better if the pocket clip was set for bezel down carry.

4. tighter beam pattern to reach the 200m mark.

These are the things I would change but these are just my preferences the only true problem I see needing a fix is the tailcap.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I have seen, the T1 is a beast of a light. Do a search for "T1 torture testing", that should give you a few interesting reads :D

Stainz

Enlightened
kramer5150,

You were right - one T1 failure - switch - after all five pages. I did get to edit my X1 experience, however. The second posts were 10/06 - over a year before the T1 became available, so I skipped it. Anyone totally disgusted? How 'bout that bright switch cover?

I kind of want the T1 as a 'brighter' and dimmer alternative to my 6P LED, which will be a whole week old Monday. I will wait for my Fenix 4n1 kit to get here - hopefully Monday - as I have never 'touched' a Fenix. I did look over the display T1 at a local MaPa gunstore - where I got the 6P LED. At $74.99 there, I'll pass - I have 'experienced' unwittingly buying a demo there before, nevermore! The F-Store will deliver it for less, although thus far, I aint too impressed with their speedy delivery - and I'm <200 miles from them! At my age, patience is a virtue... ten year shelf lifes are meaningless... green bananas could be an extravagance...

John (aka 'Stainz')