LOL @ packaging for Microstream and Stylus Pro

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my never ending quest to finish last year's Christmas shopping (friends and other acquaintances... family actually gets their gifts ON Christmas), I got one Streamlight Microstream, and one Stylus Pro (from brightguy.com, BTW), and just had to laugh at the little marketing scheme incorporated into the packaging. And yes, I fell right for it.

There's a part of the cardboard inside the blister pack that's covered with a reflective surface, forming a little mirror underneath the light's bezel that's bent upward about 60 degrees... right about pointed at your eyes when holding the package in a typical manner as you look at it. If you're not paying attention, as I was not, you might not notice it. Right above the clicky switch, there's a piece of plastic utilized as a "Press To Test" device, inviting you to, well, press to test.

Can you guess what happened next? Yup... FLASH!... and no night-adapted eyes for a few minutes.

It actually struck me as somewhat funny, and was wondering who else has been zapped while looking at these lights in the packaging.

We're all flashaholics here, so don't be embarrassed. C'mon... fess up. ;)

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've taken a peak at the reflection of some of the coast lights they have a Lowe's. I think the reflection makes them appear quite a bit brighter than they actually are.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think its clever packaging, but its hype along the lines of "visible for up to a mile", impressive if you know nothing else, and funny otherwise...

Crenshaw